Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab

/ Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab #1  

coglesby

Tractor
2009 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
I just finished installing a Sony MEX BT2700 CD/Radio Stereo in my new 3520 cab. 159.00 for the radio and 19.00 for the VW01B adaptor plug. Everything works great (as advertised). The only negative comment is the sound from the JD factory speakers is average quality. The bluetooth feature in the radio allows streaming of music from my BlackBerry Storm. I can also send and receive cell phone calls with ease through the radio. Remote control is handy. I really enjoyed this small project. It took me about 4 hours because I had to remove the cab roof to access the radio mount. Technology is great!!!!!!!! I have attached a few pics for those interested.

Attachments

• Tractor Radio.jpg
    Tractor Radio.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 1,118
  • Tractor Radio - 2.jpg
    Tractor Radio - 2.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 1,541
  • Tractor Radio - 3.jpg
    Tractor Radio - 3.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 1,836
   / Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab #2  
Oh brother !!!!!! Next you'll want AIR CONDITIONING !!! ;)

/ Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab #4  
I'm just waiting for someone to report they've installed In-Motion Satellite TV

I have V-Cast. I have it set so I can mount it up in every one of our tractors. It get boring sitting out there working up a field.... Or waiting for a truck to come......

/ Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab #5  
Was it a big deal to remove the roof? I have never done it so I do not want to get 1/2 way there and decide I shouldn't have. I am wanting replace the dealer installed radio and speakers.

/ Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab #6  
Seems to me you would want to listen to what your equipment is doing:confused:?? Oh well maybe I'm different- Do you have surround sound in digital dolby---That would be cool!

/ Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab
Was it a big deal to remove the roof? I have never done it so I do not want to get 1/2 way there and decide I shouldn't have. I am wanting replace the dealer installed radio and speakers.

It wasn't hard at all. Remove the rear cab filter, the two rear lights (four bolts), and then the thirteen bolts from the roof (around outside edge). I did this by myself but I only slid the roof top over far enough to access the radio mount and wiring harness. I did most of the work from a six foot ladder. I would recommend, for installing speakers, that you remove the cab roof completely. This will require another person to help you. Also, pay particular attention not to damage the foam cab seals. This could cause trouble with heating and cooling. Hope this information helps.

/ Bluetooth/CD/Radio Installed - 3520 Cab
Seems to me you would want to listen to what your equipment is doing:confused:?? Oh well maybe I'm different- Do you have surround sound in digital dolby---That would be cool!

No surround sound, just the factory JD speakers. The sound quality is decent. You do bring up a good point about listening to what the equipment is doing, however, I don't play the music very loud which allows me to monitor everything with no problems.