Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Default Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520...

Hi foks,

I finally recieved my Jodale Perry cab for my 2520. I installed it myself which wasnt the end of the world. The forgot to send a few things in the original package with the cab so it has slowed down the install process greatly. Overall I'm impressed with the build of the cab, very sturdy, sharp, OEM looking style.

I am dissapointed that it is quite loud in there when you running at full throtle. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with cab tractors and have always run open station machines. Are the generally all loud?

Anyway, installing it has been fun once I got all my missing pieces. I even installed a Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth and iPod controls.

My only piece of the puzzle left now is getting the heater working properlly. It doesnt heat up as much as it should and I've been messing around with purging air from the system, etc... but no luck. It also makes a horrible grinding noise and spits out shrapnel when you put the blower on high speed. I have contacted them and they are going to send me out a whole new heating unit. I pray that once I replace that, it works the way it should.

Overall, I'm happy but just not thrilled yet until I get the heater working right and I can clean snow with a Tee shirt on and cold beer.

I'm sure it will get resolved and I'll be thrilled.

I'll get pictures posted soon, I have an amazing set of pallet forks that a buddy of mine from a local welding shop made up for me that I have to show off to the tractor world online. They work on the FEL and iMatch, very slick...

Thanks...
    2007 JD 2520 with Jodale Perry Boxer Hard Side Cab, 200 CX FEL, 62" MMM, Pull style Lawn Roller, 3pt Dethacher, Pull style Plug Aerator, 3 pt JD Electric Sprayer

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 3540 HSTC, JD 2305, JD 318, 1951 JD AR, JD 6x4 Gator

Default Re: Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520...

2305JD,
    Glad you have the cab installed and hope you get the heater figured out. It is very cold out West right now (-37 to -22 for lows and highs) and I got to test out my kubota with factory cab yesterday. Like you said, a tee-shirt, but I did not have a beer. Snow plowing like I always dreamed. My 2305 watched from the shed.
    Good luck and Happy Holidays,
    Jake

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

Quote Originally Posted by 2305JD View Post
    I am dissapointed that it is quite loud in there when you running at full throtle. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with cab tractors and have always run open station machines. Are the generally all loud?
    Depends.... Factory Cabs = VERY Quiet...I can be on my Cell phone and nobody knows i'm even in the tractor....

Aftermarket Cabs - Depends...They arent as quiet as a factory cab, but typically they arent that bad...My dad has a Laurin cab on his L2900 and while it beats an open station, its not exactly quiet either.

Tractor
    2008 2305 jd

Believe me, you will enjoy that cab wearing just a t-shirt. I love mine, but theres no way I could listen to a radio in there. I don't blame the cab for this but the tractor itself, mostly the hydrostatic drive system which are very noisy on these model. I fix my problem, I went and bought a set of hearing protection with am fm radio build-in. Works great.
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Tractor
    JD 2720

Wad up a big blanket and put it under the seat, that should quiet it down some. It did with my 2305 & Curtis hard cab. A thick floor mat helps also.
    HAVE FUN

do yourself a favor, floss

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

No pictures? Shame on you!
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    No pictures? Shame on you!

i know, pics are coming. I want to finish it first, wax it and then show it off. Give me a little time...
    2007 JD 2520 with Jodale Perry Boxer Hard Side Cab, 200 CX FEL, 62" MMM, Pull style Lawn Roller, 3pt Dethacher, Pull style Plug Aerator, 3 pt JD Electric Sprayer

Bronze Member
    Tractor

Whereabout in Southwest Ontario are you from? My wife is from the Seaforth area.

Jake

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Quote Originally Posted by northernjake View Post
    Whereabout in Southwest Ontario are you from? My wife is from the Seaforth area.

Jake
    leamington, Just south of Windsor, on the Detroit, Michigan border.

Bronze Member
    Tractor

Well I've been to Windsor and I've been to Detroit, so I guess I was not too far away.
    Thanks and have nice evening.
    Jake

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast