Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520...

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #1  

2305JD

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
Hi foks,

I finally recieved my Jodale Perry cab for my 2520. I installed it myself which wasnt the end of the world. The forgot to send a few things in the original package with the cab so it has slowed down the install process greatly. Overall I'm impressed with the build of the cab, very sturdy, sharp, OEM looking style.

I am dissapointed that it is quite loud in there when you running at full throtle. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with cab tractors and have always run open station machines. Are the generally all loud?

Anyway, installing it has been fun once I got all my missing pieces. I even installed a Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth and iPod controls.

My only piece of the puzzle left now is getting the heater working properlly. It doesnt heat up as much as it should and I've been messing around with purging air from the system, etc... but no luck. It also makes a horrible grinding noise and spits out shrapnel when you put the blower on high speed. I have contacted them and they are going to send me out a whole new heating unit. I pray that once I replace that, it works the way it should.

Overall, I'm happy but just not thrilled yet until I get the heater working right and I can clean snow with a Tee shirt on and cold beer.

I'm sure it will get resolved and I'll be thrilled.

I'll get pictures posted soon, I have an amazing set of pallet forks that a buddy of mine from a local welding shop made up for me that I have to show off to the tractor world online. They work on the FEL and iMatch, very slick...

Thanks...

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #2  
2305JD,
Glad you have the cab installed and hope you get the heater figured out. It is very cold out West right now (-37 to -22 for lows and highs) and I got to test out my Kubota with factory cab yesterday. Like you said, a tee-shirt, but I did not have a beer. Snow plowing like I always dreamed. My 2305 watched from the shed.
Good luck and Happy Holidays,
Jake

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #3  
I am dissapointed that it is quite loud in there when you running at full throtle. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with cab tractors and have always run open station machines. Are the generally all loud?

Depends.... Factory Cabs = VERY Quiet...I can be on my Cell phone and nobody knows i'm even in the tractor....

Aftermarket Cabs - Depends...They arent as quiet as a factory cab, but typically they arent that bad...My dad has a Laurin cab on his L2900 and while it beats an open station, its not exactly quiet either.

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #4  
Believe me, you will enjoy that cab wearing just a t-shirt.:cool: I love mine, but theres no way I could listen to a radio in there. I don't blame the cab for this but the tractor itself, mostly the hydrostatic drive system which are very noisy on these model. I fix my problem, I went and bought a set of hearing protection with am fm radio build-in. Works great.:)

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #5  
Wad up a big blanket and put it under the seat, that should quiet it down some. It did with my 2305 & Curtis hard cab. A thick floor mat helps also.

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #6  
No pictures? Shame on you!

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #8  
Whereabout in Southwest Ontario are you from? My wife is from the Seaforth area.

Jake

/ Got my Jodale Perry Cab for 2520... #10  
Well I've been to Windsor and I've been to Detroit, so I guess I was not too far away.
Thanks and have nice evening.
Jake