Optima Yellow Top Install

/ Optima Yellow Top Install #1  

pilot-werx

Gold Member
Well after having the battery die and dealing with leaking terminals, I finally got around to installing an Optima 51R in on my 4210.

I used a tie down kit from Napa and it fits like a glove. No cutting at all. Now time to do the 455....

/ Optima Yellow Top Install #2  
Good deal there, should eliminate problems down the road. I am fixing to put a DieHard Platinum in my 110tlb if I can get one that fits.

/ Optima Yellow Top Install #3  
I'm thinking of doing the same thing, how about sharing the actual part #'s of the battery and hold down, as well as a picture, and save me all the hard work?;)

/ Optima Yellow Top Install #4  
I used a tie down kit from Napa and it fits like a glove.

Could you share the Napa part number for the tie down kit. I'm about to install the same battery in my 4210. Thanks

/ Optima Yellow Top Install
The battery was your standard Optima Yellow Top 51R.

The battery hold down parts are:
1. BK 7302382 J-hooks
2. BK 7302404 Hold Down Kit

On the hold down kit, I had to trim 1" off from the long ends of the flat bars to get them to fit around the battery. Just score the bar and bend it a few times and it will snap right off.

I removed all the original Deere hardware and fed the j-hooks down through the frame and bolted down.

15 minute project....

I can get some pictures if that will help...

/ Optima Yellow Top Install #6  
While an Optima yellow-top is a fine battery, it may be slightly more expensive and have less cranking amps. I've had an Optima red-top in my tractor for over three years and it has performed flawlessly. I would say either is a good choice. The yellow-top is primarily a deep cycle battery whereas the red-top is designed for starting applications and has higher CCA at or near freezing. If you can substitute a 34R instead of a 51R, you might save a few dollars and have more cranking amps than the yellow-top. Either one should give you years of flawless service.

/ Optima Yellow Top Install #7  
The battery was your standard Optima Yellow Top 51R.

The battery hold down parts are:
1. BK 7302382 J-hooks
2. BK 7302404 Hold Down Kit

On the hold down kit, I had to trim 1" off from the long ends of the flat bars to get them to fit around the battery. Just score the bar and bend it a few times and it will snap right off.

I removed all the original Deere hardware and fed the j-hooks down through the frame and bolted down.

15 minute project....

I can get some pictures if that will help...

Perfect! Thanks for your help.