3720 59" front mount blower ?

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ? #1  

xkbal

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3720
Hi all,

I've got a 3720 which I really like, especially since I got the Unverferth axle extensions on this fall. I also have the 59" front mount blower, not so sure about it yet. First I think it is a little too small for this size of tractor. Also doesn't appear to have much protection in the event of hitting something.

That brings me to the current problem. :( While blowing snow on Monday I hit a chunk or wood, can't seem to cure the dog of dragging the forest on to the driveway and yard. Blower quit. Turns out that the chunk of wood made it past the auger but got jammed in the impeller. Unfortunately there does not appear to be any protection for this part and the cast piece the impeller bolts to broke. This piece has a key and thrugh blt to hold it on. I'm considering leaving the key out so that the bolt can act as a shear bolt and protect the casting from damage. Would also, in theory, protect the tractor.

Thoughts?

Also think I'm going to make some sort of extension for the sides of the blower, it was a little too narrow before and is worse with the axle extensions.

Thanks,
Al

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ? #2  
Hi all,

I've got a 3720 which I really like, especially since I got the Unverferth axle extensions on this fall.

Thanks,
Al

Did you extend all 4 axles? How much of an extension?? Were they custom ordered for your JD? Or do they carry all brands?

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ?

Did you extend all 4 axles? How much of an extension?? Were they custom ordered for your JD? Or do they carry all brands?

Just extended the back axles, made a very noticeable difference in stability. Put in 6"/side. I believe the 6" extensions are a stock size for my tractor but you can get custom sizes if you want. I believe they have extensions for many different makes/models of tractors.

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ? #4  
Hi

After just plowing out 15 plus inches with 20+ MPH winds on my 800' drive with my 1987 JD755 I am ready for a cab tractor.

I was looking on line at the attachment method for the 3720 ie a front 3 point. It is a bit different.

For example I spent a lot of time scraping with the front wheels up ie the blower hydralics lifting the tractor to get the ice off, can I do that with this 3 point system? or does it just ride on the surface with its own weight?

Could you tell me how far out in front of tractor the unit is ie from front of the tractor to the front of the blower.

I am off friday to look at a 3720. From the posts I have read I think I will be bringing one home.

Thanks

Bob

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ? #5  
I have a 3720 cab tractor w/o wheel extensions and 59 snow blower. It works great imho. To answer your question, the front hitch does have downward pressure and will raise the front wheels off the ground.

You can put downforce with the front attach, I don't know how effective that would be for scraping as I have a gavel drive so don't try to scrape the last snow and ice off.

Can't give you the measurement from font of tractor to blower until it gets back from the shop.

Al

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ? #7  
I run my 3720 cab with R3's and 6" (per side) unverferth extensions so I'm 66" wide (narrow pos) with a 59" blower but I've never had any serious 'side rising' and it works fine. The lift will lift the blower/mount so high that you'll hit the mini-top link on the front loader guard. If you have the little 'turn knub' up on the toplink you'll actually bent it (or break it off).

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ? #8  
How much of a problem is it doing the R&R swap on a 3720 for the loader and a front mounted Deere snow blower? On older tractors such as the 755 it was a considerable effort to swap out the mounting bracket and hardware.

I'm currently using a 68 inch rear mounted blower which works fine but it still requires driving backwards.

/ 3720 59" front mount blower ? #9  
How much of a problem is it doing the R&R swap on a 3720 for the loader and a front mounted Deere snow blower? On older tractors such as the 755 it was a considerable effort to swap out the mounting bracket and hardware.

I'm currently using a 68 inch rear mounted blower which works fine but it still requires driving backwards.

It is not like the old x55 series at all. Very user friendly now.

Hi
Could you tell me how far out in front of tractor the unit is ie from front of the tractor to the front of the blower.
Bob

It's about 44" from front of grill t front of blower