Snow John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie...

/ John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #1  

Farmall B

Tractor
John Deere 3720
Situation: JD 3720, FEL, Rimguard in R4 15-19.5 tires. Moderate success with snow removal last year. Mix of blacktop, dirt and gravel drive, 900' long and hilly. Just purchased tirechains.com 2 link chains w/o V-bars. Will these fit without putting the tires in the wide mode without interference?? Looks tight to me. In switching the tires from narrow to wide is this a home job or better left to professional due to weight of tire. Any tips appreciated.

/ John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #2  
The chains will make a night an day difference. The tires will need to be on the wide position. It's really easy to change the position mine are filled and I was able to just roll them from on side to the other while the tractor was on jack stands.

Matt;)

/ John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #3  
Mine on my 2520 do WONDERS!!!!!!!!:cool:

Attachments

• 01-05-09_1738.jpg
    01-05-09_1738.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 1,583
  • 01-05-09_1739.jpg
    01-05-09_1739.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 2,697
   / John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #4  
I had to swap rims side to side for inner fender clearance (also some vulnerable hydro lines) on my 4310, was easy but mine were not filled, just be real careful keeping them upright when moving them. If they start to go don't be a hero and try and get between them and the floor. An extra set of hands might be advised.

You only gain that little that you need for the chains, hardly noticeable, I was gonna swap back after the winter but figured it's a little more stabil like this so just left them wider. Only problem is the rim isn't as nice looking on the back side.

Congrats, with 2 link spaced V-bars you just turned your CUT into a Dozer.

Pics shows after, as you can see not much difference.

Attachments

• DSCN2481.JPG
    DSCN2481.JPG
    993.5 KB · Views: 597
  • DSCN2484.JPG
    DSCN2484.JPG
    947.9 KB · Views: 1,965
   / John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #5  
It hooks up like a DOZER!!!!!:p

/ John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #6  
You will love the chains. I have ICE chains on my 3720 and they are great.

One note. When jacking up the rear, make sure you put the bucket in the front down and
have it locked and not floating if you can. (You could even lift it a little).

If you jack up the rear in the middle and don't do that the tractor could fall over as the front axle just pivots and isn't spring loaded. Putting the bucket down will stabilize it

/ John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #7  
Mine on my 2520 do WONDERS!!!!!!!!:cool:

I can't find a source for my JD 3720 for 2-link chains with V-Bars, as shown in your photos. Where did you get these chains?

Thanks

/ John Deere 3720, tire chains, snow, newbie... #8  
Tirechains.com