Wing Plow

/ Wing Plow #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
Finished fabricating the new wing plow for my Deere 4300 and gave it a trial run last night. It works great. Better than I had hoped for, with pencil design and good friend who is handy with welder and fabbing.

Is quick tach, only two pins to drop in and a chain to secure to the 3 ph lift arm. Will fit on either side and attaches only to the FEL post and to the drawbar. The push bar is telescoping (manual now) to vary the rear of the wing from 5 1/2 ft from tractor center to 8 1/2 ft.
Here is a pic from the rear, but will show more later when outside pushing snow.

Attachments

• 100_1571 (Medium).JPG
    100_1571 (Medium).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,865
   / Wing Plow #2  
yes, more pics on connections please. Very nice job. You'll move some serious snow that that set up.

/ Wing Plow #3  
Thumbs up..oh yeah now I am drooling..more pics the better. :)

/ Wing Plow #4  
That is cool! but it needs some hydraulics:D

/ Wing Plow #5  
How dare you merely wet our appetites with just one picture. Very creative build. I want to see more.

/ Wing Plow
Yeah, sorry 'bout that delay. I thought I'd get some outside pics today, but too busy during the daylight hours. And the rust is beginning in earnest, so have it in for some paint tonight - where it is warm.
But here are a couple pics of the front attachment and the rear drawbar arrangement.
And the 2" ball and trailer hitch was just the ticket. Hydraulics to raise the front up and down, and a ram to move the push bar in and out would make it a pretty flexible wing. But not planned at the moment. More pics in the daylight - hopefully tomorrow if the painting goes well tonight. :)

Attachments

• 100_1565 (Medium).JPG
    100_1565 (Medium).JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,728
  • 100_1572 (Medium).JPG
    100_1572 (Medium).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,258
   / Wing Plow #7  
As I said in another post,nice job!
I'd say you've got a handle on the point cut.
Also the more you kick the rear of the wing out,the less chance they'll
be of it digging in.
Ok some nice wings out there,but who's coming out with twins,one on both sides?;)

/ Wing Plow #8  
Very nice - elegant but simple and functional. I like the K.I.S.S principal!!

/ Wing Plow #9  
I take it that the 3 pt hitch moves the wing up & down? Nice set up.