JD 4310 Hydro Question

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question #1  

Kubota 2350

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 JD 3046R Cab ...................... Mower: 2016 Scag Tiger Cat II ZTM
I went and plowed snow with my 4310 and worked the tractor for about an hour, we had some friends drop by so I stop to visit, probably another hour.

When I went back to my plowing the tractor would not move forward or back.
I let it run for about 4-5 minutes, and everything started to work as normal.
Is this just a fluke, or is there some going wrong with the tractor?

This is an E Hydro tractor. It was around 20 degrees out.

Thanks

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question #2  
That is definitely NOT normal, but will be hard to diagnose since it is working again. Where there any codes flashing while it would not move? One area of interest to check is the electrical connections to the pedals-make sure they are tight and no moisture is in them, dielectric grease is your friend there.

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question
Code light would come on only when pushing the peddles forward or reverse.

It would blink when I tried to move the tractor.

Might have gotten snow up by the peddle switches.

I'll take a good look where the wires connect to the peddles.

Thanks

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question #4  
If it happens again...Then you need to count the blinks...like Morse code.

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question
It stops blinking as soon as I release the peddle.
Does this thing throw out a code like the cars and trucks do.
Will it store a code, or only show when it's acting up?

On Edit: one long one short blink, I take this to be code 11, says in the repair manual to reset by turning the power off and then back on.
We'll see what happens when I use it to plow with next time.

If it won't go, I still have the Kubota to fall back on, it's never given me any problems. :D

Last edited:
   / JD 4310 Hydro Question #6  
The codes are a series of four flashes. That said long short long short is code 13. brake pedal input. Your brakes are stuck partially on.

I would want to use the Deere too because I would not want to be seen on the Kubota either!!!

The codes are not stored like a auto, only show up when active. If the message center is not flashing there is no defect.

Hope this helps.

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question
The codes are a series of four flashes long. That said long short long short is code 13. brake pedal input. Your brakes are stuck partially on.

I would not want to be seen on the Kubota either!!!

Guess I'm lost here, could you explain it so Even I can understand it?
Is every code a series of four blinks?

Thanks

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question #8  
Finicky peddles, I don't pay attention the the light just turn it off and on again. Sometimes I hit both peddles at once, the light will flash and tractor wont move, but that will clear itself in a second or 2. After a good washing sometimes it wont move for a few minutes.

Most likely you got wet snow up in there, like you said.

JB.

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question #9  
Yes all the codes are four digits long. If you had a repeating pattern of long short flashes it is the same pattern. I would be easier to understand if the code is not a pattern of the same flashes.

Take fault code 1, it is short, long, short short. Then if there was another code it would follow. Then it would repeat. What you are getting is long, short, long ,short. then the code is repeating. It appears to be long, short, long, short, long short etc.

I am not sure if it is any clearer!?? What your problem is the brake pedal/pedals are sticking partially on. The 4xxx/4x1x tractors are known to have the brake rods stick where they enter the axle housing. There also is a grease zerk on the pivot where the pedals connect to the brake rods.

/ JD 4310 Hydro Question #10  
Finicky peddles, I don't pay attention the the light just turn it off and on again. Sometimes I hit both peddles at once, the light will flash and tractor wont move, but that will clear itself in a second or 2. After a good washing sometimes it wont move for a few minutes.

Most likely you got wet snow up in there, like you said.

JB.

If you hit both pedals that will set code 9. Long and 3 short flashes. The tractor does not know what you want it to do because it has inputs for both forward and reverse. So the tractor waits. The computer in the tractor notices there is no forward or reverse inputs and then is ready for you to tell it what to do. That is why it will seems to reset.

Water and electronics does the same thing. The tractor does not know what you want it to do so it does the safest thing. Nothing.

Clear as mud!??