Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 2305 Curtis Cab Install

Yes, I did mean getting in and out of. The salesman was a woman and she said I had a "little tractor"! I've never been told I have a little tractor.

diz
    Bronze Member

Rest of the pics attached.

Last one (lower radiator hose) added, by request. I actually skipped this intentionally as I don't like the way it turned out, blocking the oil fill. This is how I interpreted the instructions, but I plan to get another lower radiator hose and try it in the bottom straight (vertical) section when it's time to do a radiator flush in a year or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2305 Curtis Cab Install-dsc_9593-copy.jpg   2305 Curtis Cab Install-dsc_9594-copy.jpg   2305 Curtis Cab Install-dsc_9595-copy.jpg   2305 Curtis Cab Install-dsc_9596-copy.jpg   2305 Curtis Cab Install-dsc_9597-copy.jpg  

2305 Curtis Cab Install-dsc_9599-copy.jpg  
    Last edited by diz; 01-17-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Tractor
    JD 1026R

Just wondering , seen your photos of heater hose connections
    Do you have a photo of the lower radiator hose connection ???
    If so thanks in advance.
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

Tractor
    John Deere 2520

Diz,

My John deere dealer gave me a good suggestion about the heater hose shut off valve.

He said to mount it under the heater in the cab so that you can control the amount of water/heat coming into the cab. Also, it's a lot easy to get to when you want to shut it off or turn in on.

Did you have any problems with leaks with the adapter for the top heater hose?

msturbo

diz
    Bronze Member

That's a good idea, plenty of room there too, I'd think.

I did have leaking in the fitting attached to the thermostat housing. Couldn't tighten it down anymore as it was hitting the temp sender, so I just added a layer of teflon tape. Hopefully that'll hold. That fitting was easily 50% of the time it took me to do the whole heater.

Tractor
    JD 2210

I didn't install the shut off valve on mine. if you close the valve there is no coolant flow passing by the temp sender for the temp light so if the engine over heats it may be to late by time the light comes on if it even does.

Tractor
    john deere 2320

Quote Originally Posted by msturbo View Post
    Diz,

My John deere dealer gave me a good suggestion about the heater hose shut off valve.

He said to mount it under the heater in the cab so that you can control the amount of water/heat coming into the cab. Also, it's a lot easy to get to when you want to shut it off or turn in on.

Did you have any problems with leaks with the adapter for the top heater hose?

msturbo
    I found this valve and installed it instead of the one curtis gives you.Heater Valves & Cables I also ordered the cable made a bracket and mounted it on the side of the heater.Now it is as easy as pulling a lever to control the amount of heat.Here are some pics of it.
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2305 Curtis Cab Install-000_0203-medium-.jpg   2305 Curtis Cab Install-000_0204-medium-.jpg   2305 Curtis Cab Install-000_0205-medium-.jpg   2305 Curtis Cab Install-000_0206-medium-.jpg  

Very nice installation!!
    Plowing snow in a tee shirt and tennis shoes.........yeah that's the ticket

Greg

diz
    Bronze Member

Good point Labrat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12