I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!!

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
I have always prefered my open station power reverser 4120, however the last week or so we have had our fair share of snow and wind. Wind chills have been well below zero at times and I admit that it was chilly, so...I am going to stop worrying about the fact that I don't care much for hydro's and look more seriously at trading for a 4720 cab tractor. :eek:

I love to plow snow but the older I get it seems I will prefer the cab.

John

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #2  
It is a pretty amazing phenomenon... below zero wind chill - blowing snow with an open station tractor!

The experience immediately creates a path to your "higher learning centers".

And before long - it's very clear that a cabbed, eHydro tractor makes perfect sense! :rolleyes:

AKfish

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #3  
It is a pretty amazing phenomenon... below zero wind chill - blowing snow with an open station tractor!

The experience immediately creates a path to your "higher learning centers".

And before long - it's very clear that a cabbed, eHydro tractor makes perfect sense! :rolleyes:

AKfish

And price is no longer a big issue!!!!!

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!!
And price is no longer a big issue!!!!!

Yes -I- know this, but convincing the wife is a different story. Maybe if I tell her I am going to buy another tractor she will settle with me on trading one in on the cab tractor...:rolleyes: :eek:

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #5  
When I was shopping for my first tractor, I can't believe that one without a cab was even considered. Not a day has gone by that I am very grateful to have the cab, not only in winter, but all year long. In my opinion, one would never regret having a cab, but would regret it very much so if they didn't have one. It is the difference between being totally miserable & very comfortable.

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #6  
I heard Sloans has a couple sitting out front. I found a source for a heat houser that will fit my 3320 for about $500 delivered. After driving in to my dads twice this winter I am thinking hard. A cab would be nice but I have too many trees.

Dan

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #7  
Do it! You'll never regret it. We've had a lot of very cold weather and high winds with blowing snow here in central Pa also so I can relate to your anguish. I'm using a JD 59 snow blower with a 3720 cab tractor and the wind can cause absolute havoc w/o a cab.
You can also mow grass and/or hay in cool comfort in the summer without having to worry about stinging bees. And, if you have allergies, the filtered air in the cab is icing on the cake. :D

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!!
I heard Sloans has a couple sitting out front. I found a source for a heat houser that will fit my 3320 for about $500 delivered. After driving in to my dads twice this winter I am thinking hard. A cab would be nice but I have too many trees.

Dan
Assumption does not have any 4000 cabs out front. Not sure about the other stores. Not sure if it will happen this winter or not. Would be nice though;)

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #9  
Yes -I- know this, but convincing the wife is a different story. Maybe if I tell her I am going to buy another tractor she will settle with me on trading one in on the cab tractor...:rolleyes: :eek:
I know exactly what you mean. My wife told me I did not need another tractor and I was trading up. I got tired of freezing out there in an open station unit and went for the CAB - very, very good, and now "no freezing cold exposure"

/ I am convinced...Hydro and a cab!! #10  

Dan

I have trees too - bone chilling winds and blowing snow is worse:eek: