Original Cab Company

/ Original Cab Company #1  

lectricman

Hello All,

I'm trying to decide between the Original Cab and a Curtis for my 2210. The photos I've seen show the hinges on the Original mounted toward the front of the tractor allowing the doors to swing forward whereas the Curtis opens to the rear. If I were to install the side view mirrors wouldn't that allow the Original doors to only open 90 degrees (hitting the mirror) there-by making the entrance into the cab hindered by the wheel well? It seems to me the Curtis set-up gives more room to enter. This could definetly be a deal breaker. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for your replies.

/ Original Cab Company #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

You know what I think;)

/ Original Cab Company #3  
From having a Original Cab for the last 5-7 yrs, yes if you put mirrors on tractor cab and when door wings forward it will hit the mirrors. Does not hinder the opening size but if not careful mirrors will be out of adjustment.
I have wondered several times over the years why they choose to put the hinges on the front and not on the back.
As for more room getting in or out, I don't think you will have more room getting in cab with rear or front hinges.

Good luck on your choice.

/ Original Cab Company #4  
Same comment. I just put an original cab on my 2305 and I have a single mirror that I can hit if I open the door. I put my single mirror on the right so I rarely open that door though... :)

For the $$$ I don't think you can beat an OC. Unless I missed another company out there there is nothing even close price-wise to them. For $750 + accessories it seemed like a great deal.

/ Original Cab Company
Thabks for all the info. It's sure great having a forum like this to bounce around ideas with people who actually use the products.

/ Original Cab Company #6  
lectricman

Like I committed to others just remember ,you are paying 750-$1100. Yes there are some airleaks . But your not paying 4500-5500 for the metal cabs.
You can't buy a Chevy Aveo and expect to get the great ride,and performance of the best Cadillac .
Same for Original cab your not paying the price of a Sims or Curtis , but for the money spent I cannot complain about cab.
yes if and when something happens to mine and I have a lot of time I may make the next one since I have the frame work .

/ Original Cab Company #7  
I've had both the Original and Curtis cabs. The OTC was a great cab for the money and is still being used today. I bought it in 1992. The Curtis is a better cab but 3 times the cost of the OTC. As far as the doors go the Curtis door gives you easer access when getting in and out of the cab BUT they are a pain to hang on to when the wind is blowing and wants to yank the door out of your hands and smash the tail light..

/ Original Cab Company #8  
Well, I'm kind of piss right now, after reading some of the post concerning original cab. When I spoke with my dealer about buying a cab, he told me there were no original cab for the 2305, that I would have to go with a Curtis, Sim or Jodal cab. I took the Jodal- perry cab and very please with it. But all were fairly expensive. If there is a original cab for the 2305, could someone be nice enough to give me the part #. I want to bring this to my dealer and ask for some explanation.

/ Original Cab Company #9  
Well, I'm kind of piss right now, after reading some of the post concerning original cab. When I spoke with my dealer about buying a cab, he told me there were no original cab for the 2305, that I would have to go with a Curtis, Sim or Jodal cab. I took the Jodal- perry cab and very please with it. But all were fairly expensive. If there is a original cab for the 2305, could someone be nice enough to give me the part #. I want to bring this to my dealer and ask for some explanation.

CAB #11326
FOR
JOHN DEERE 2210 TRACTOR

part same as 2305

/ Original Cab Company #10  
thetaxman It's called he wanted to make more profit and the only way was for him to sell you a cab and not you go direct to Original Cab and order it yourself.
Not that you don't have a better cab it's was just more money in his pocket.
Even if Original Cab only had the 2210 listed and not the 2305 ,,,,there is very,very, little difference between the two.