JD2210 MMM Lift Kit?????

/ JD2210 MMM Lift Kit????? #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
Is there a kit that I can add to my JD2210 that will lift the deck independently from the 3pt??? Seems I've heard of that??? I'm tired of running my 3pt arms in the ground when the deck is down. Thanks in advance!!! :)

/ JD2210 MMM Lift Kit????? #2  
I am not sure if the independent lift is available for the 2210 or not...BUT my neighbor has a 2210 and had the same problem, so we installed a chain so the 3PH would only drop a little past the point where the deck mechanism disengages from the 3PH arms-problem solved for free (I had the chain).

/ JD2210 MMM Lift Kit????? #3  
For my 2210 I just adjust the 3 pt whatchamacallit valve so that the MMM drops at a speed at which when it hits the height adjustment stop the 3 pt then drops very slow so that I have plenty of time to "catch" it and throw the lever to middle position keeping the arms well above the ground. I don't even have to look, I can feel the MMM hit the stop and see it stop in my peripheral vision. The arms carry about a foot off the ground depending on where the height knob is set.
I know there was an independent lift kit for the 2210, which may still be available as a kit for the mechanically identical 2305. It may even be the same kit that was offered for 2320 and 2520. The big disadvantage is that it must connect to the couplers on the side of the machine and must be unplugged to use a FEL or other front mount hydraulics. Though I've seen where some have plumbed the ind. lift permanently to the hydraulics.

/ JD2210 MMM Lift Kit?????
Yeah I think the 2305 kit would work since they are so much alike. I don't mind using the FEL connector since I only use those outlets when pushing snow. I'll have to do some research for an online parts catalog.

I catch mine currently but sometimes forget and the wife never remembers.

Thanks for the replies!!!

/ JD2210 MMM Lift Kit????? #5  
There is an independant lift option for the MMM on a 2210, but I dont see the need for it. If the MMM arms and anti-scalp wheels are right you can put the rockshaft control in the middle long before the 3pt arms are dragging. Drop the deck to where the anti-scalp wheels touch and the mower stops dropping and then pull back on the lever. Done.