Grading Front blade for loader

/ Front blade for loader #1  

Green_in_MI

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4200, JD B, JD 50
Has anyone tried the loader mounted blade available from Deere on their 4000 series compact? It is supposed to hook up directly to your loader arms after removing the bucket. Sure would like to know if anyone has tried this setup. I know Curtiss makes one too but they are very pricey. thanks for any responses.

/ Front blade for loader #2  
I have one for my JD 4410 and I love it. It is really very well made ...I think better than Curtis although perhaps a bit more expensive. If you get one be sute to get hydrolic assist for angling. I switch to FEL for moving snow but use the balde for everything else.

/ Front blade for loader #3  
This is a Curtiss blade on a JD 790 tractor but the set up would be
the same for your tractor...

Sorry about the snow storm...

Attachments

• 10-203830-SnowPlowOnFEL.jpg
    10-203830-SnowPlowOnFEL.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 179
   / Front blade for loader #4  
Here's another handy gizmo for your FEL. You can pick anything
within the capacity of your FEL that the forks can slide under..
The hook up is the same as the Curtiss snow plow...

I posted some pictures of a tree I was moving in the photo forum
under the title of Testing New Pallet Forks.

Attachments

• 10-203832-PalletForkonFEL.jpg
    10-203832-PalletForkonFEL.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 140
   / Front blade for loader #5  
I have the same setup as gunfighter on my 855 (hydro). It's the next best thing to sliced bread for moving snow, pushing banks, and keeping me snow free (got rid of a snow blower). I'm in Maine and if you live in serious snowcountry, I'd recommend the loader/blade setup.
Good luck! -David-

/ Front blade for loader #6  
I am curious whether you use skid plates or just "float" the blade during snow removal.

/ Front blade for loader #7  
If it was I..adjustable skid plates..easier on the plow also the fel.

/ Front blade for loader #8  
The Curtiss blade comes with skid shoe but they are on the small size.
Our first snow last winter came before the ground had a chance to freeze
I had to have the tractor carry the snow plow with the skids just skimming the ground.
The next snow the driveway was fine but did continue to have problems widening over
the grass areas. Had to do a little repair an replanting in the spring...

This year isn't starting out any better. It's snowing, the ground is not frozen and to make
matters worse the tractor still has pallet forks on the FEL an a Chipper/Shredder on the 3 pt.
Since we had our first dusting of snow two weeks ago, this one may accumulate.

/ Front blade for loader #9  
We have a Curtis blade that has skid shoes. They are adjustible through washer shims. I try and start the winter with the cutting edge and two rear shoes on a level. Our drive is now hot top so we don't get a lot of gouging. The big trick is to set it up first thing in the winter with the upper loader rams on the top of the blade setting everything on that level. It works! And a heck of a lot better than a snow blower or plowing with the bucket. But it all depends on where you live and how much snow you get as to whether you want to make the investment for the loader adjustanle blade. Good luck. David in Maine