update/ improve hydrolics, alternator?

/ update/ improve hydrolics, alternator? #1  

SI2305

Gold Member
Hello all,

I have seen in some recent posts about converting from the sandard JD alternator to a much larger, 45 amp alternator. I think the tractor on which it was done was a 2520. I was wondering if the same could be done on my 2305. At times I have thought about adding extra lighting and other electrical applications, but the 20 amp alternator is just about maxed with the new headlights I installed (they are nice and bright and really improve visibility at night when using the loader).

On the more ambitous side, I was wondering if the hydrolics could be improved so as to improve loader speed and possibly add/convert other implements that could use ether constant hydrolic flow, or at least use the hydrolics to improve their usage. I know that the top-n-tilt uses a hydrolic diverter, but could, say, one modify the hydrolics so that a diverter was not necessary.

This is probably the result of an over-active imagination and ambitions reaching beyond my current needs. I absolutely love my 2305 and I am not in any position (or real desire) to replace it any time soon. However, I love the thought of modifying it and customizing it to my idividual needs. If there was one application in particular that I would love to have, it would be the ability to angle my grader blade from the seat instead of getting out and removing the pin and replace it. The grader blade is great in snow--I just used it to plow out our driveway and our neighbors. But riding on it made me think about the advantage of having a hydrolically operable angle control that I could adjust on the move.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

SI2305

JD2305, 200CX, 5'Grader blade, Pat's easy change, subsoiler, 3pt hitch adaptor

/ update/ improve hydrolics, alternator? #2  
The alternator is upgradeable for sure...may be a custom job though like other have done with the 2520's (using a car alternator).

The hydraulics however is not really "upgradeable" though as far as speed is concerned. Speed is a function of GPM's (gallons per minute) and only a new pump could cure that-and that is just not feasible. The 2305 only has one small pump, and some of it's output is dedicated to the steering.

But, you can certainly add extra valves or circuits to add things like a TnT setup, or power a 3PH logsplitter and/or a backhoe by adding the Power Beyond kit JD offers for about $250.

TnT does not necessarily use a diverter...a new joystick valve could be added to control it.

/ update/ improve hydrolics, alternator? #3  
I had to upgrade my alternator to accommodate the cab with the new lightning and heather. JD sell a 35 amps. alternator that looks exactly like the original 20 amps. Very easy to replace, but on the downside, they sell this alternator around $550.00. But it works and I can't complain.

/ update/ improve hydrolics, alternator? #4  
This is the 50amp I put on my 2210 a few years ago. well worth it.

Attachments

• DSC01680.jpg
    DSC01680.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 189