Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 4115

Default West Virginia snow,

Well I just came in from getting my butt whipped here in Jefferson County, West Virginia. My JD 4115 with 6 1/2 ft Curtis power angle front blade took all it could handle. The snow is very heavy and coming down hard. I looked like a snowman so I decided to take a break and wait until morning. This storm could do a lot of damage. Thanks for listening.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: West Virginia snow,

Looking for pics
    Hoping for snow here, but not getting any.

Tractor
    JD 1026R

Same here in Preston Co . at 6pm ,we had 8-9 " my brother ,is closer to the MD line and just inside the higher mt range snow belt, he had 11" ...
    Been snowing and now blowing like crazy..I'm guessing we have gotten another 6-8 " since I was out..Calling for us to get 12"+ till noon or later when storm moves out of the area...
    Will get up in the morning and blow out the neighborhood...
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

We already have 12",that's the most we were supposed to get. Still snowing to beat the band. With another five or six hours to go,if the intensity stays the same as it's been for the last five hours,we may end up with close to 20" We'll see how well my 2520 performs.

Greg

Tractor
    JD 1026R

glc24 what part of SW pa are you in,,
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

I live near Charleston and the storm for us till now has been rain. I measures it a while ago and it was over 2 inches in the rain gauge. Started snowing at about 9PM and they are calling for a storm total for us of between 4-8 inches. I will believe it when I see it. I don't mind missing all of this heavy snow cause I would have to go to work till who knows when. Be safe guys out on the machines tomorrow its easy to get hurt but this is where our toys I mean tools shine the brightest. Have fun.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti LK 3054

I live a couple of miles from the Preston county line at the top of snake hill road. Just came in at 11:30 pm from plowing the second time today. Measured 21" on the table on the back deck. Some may be blowing off roof, not much though. I have 16" muck boots and it is well up over the tops in my yard. Power has gone out a couple times briefly.

I will be digging out from this for days. Have the chains on my Ranger and moving snow banks back with the tractor. So far so good. -Keith
    Kioti LK3054, K128 FEL W/Toothbar
    Meteor 75" 3pt Snow Blower
    Wallenstein BX42 Chipper
    Tiller, Rotary cutter, Box blade,
    W.R. Long Grapple Attachment
    Dolmar 7900 & 5100s
    Polaris Ranger 700XP

Tractor
    JD 1026R

KeithT Not sure how much we have now because I came in around 530-6p ,but everytime a car has driven by it has been snowing like crazy..
    Just guessing somewhere around 16" or more...
    You're up higher like my brother and he had a 11"-12" at 6pm in at Hazelton.
    Have fun and be safe !!!

Tractor
    Landini 4140 HST

Well, the snowmobilers around here are hoping for more snow, but thankfully this storm is scheduled to swing east and out to sea before it gets as far north as NS!
    Ian, now retired near Wallace Nova Scotia. 2008 Landini 4140H made by LS Tractors, FEL, toothbar, 6' box blade, bedder, middle buster, 5' Celli tiller, pallet forks, Pat's EC System, loaded tires, 2 rear remotes (standard on the Landini) . I bought my tractor from Cumberland Tractor, www.cumberlandtractor.blogspot.com . See the full story on building my hillside house in Nova Scotia at http://wallaceriver.blogspot.com/

Tractor
    1952 JD 440 backhoe, JD 790

It's still coming down hard in central VA. I went ahead and took the FEL off my 790 and put the snow blade on. Actually, I really like the FEL for clearing snow because I can make big piles with it, but the snow plow is a lot faster. Like etcallhome, I'll probably end up plowing the neighborhood. Also, for some reason the front blade doesn't leave as "slick" a surface as the FEL edge.

Fortunately, I think we have enough snow that I feel good about firing up the Cat D4. At 20,000lbs and packing a 10' wide blade, it'll move some snow....
    JD 790 w/FEL, Frontier 1060 FM, BB, SP, RB, PHD, forks and log splitter

JD 440 rubber tire FEL and BH

Caterpillar D4D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast