Snow West Virginia snow,

/ West Virginia snow, #1  

Newtogreen

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4115
Well I just came in from getting my butt whipped here in Jefferson County, West Virginia. My JD 4115 with 6 1/2 ft Curtis power angle front blade took all it could handle. The snow is very heavy and coming down hard. I looked like a snowman so I decided to take a break and wait until morning. This storm could do a lot of damage. Thanks for listening.

/ West Virginia snow, #2  
Looking for pics :)
Hoping for snow here, but not getting any.

/ West Virginia snow, #3  
Same here in Preston Co . at 6pm ,we had 8-9 " my brother ,is closer to the MD line and just inside the higher mt range snow belt, he had 11" ...
Been snowing and now blowing like crazy..I'm guessing we have gotten another 6-8 " since I was out..Calling for us to get 12"+ till noon or later when storm moves out of the area...
Will get up in the morning and blow out the neighborhood...

/ West Virginia snow, #4  
We already have 12",that's the most we were supposed to get. Still snowing to beat the band. With another five or six hours to go,if the intensity stays the same as it's been for the last five hours,we may end up with close to 20":):( We'll see how well my 2520 performs.

Greg

/ West Virginia snow, #6  
I live near Charleston and the storm for us till now has been rain. I measures it a while ago and it was over 2 inches in the rain gauge. Started snowing at about 9PM and they are calling for a storm total for us of between 4-8 inches. I will believe it when I see it. I don't mind missing all of this heavy snow cause I would have to go to work till who knows when. Be safe guys out on the machines tomorrow its easy to get hurt but this is where our toys I mean tools shine the brightest. Have fun.

/ West Virginia snow, #7  
I live a couple of miles from the Preston county line at the top of snake hill road. Just came in at 11:30 pm from plowing the second time today. Measured 21" on the table on the back deck. Some may be blowing off roof, not much though. I have 16" muck boots and it is well up over the tops in my yard. Power has gone out a couple times briefly.

I will be digging out from this for days. Have the chains on my Ranger and moving snow banks back with the tractor. So far so good. -Keith

/ West Virginia snow, #8  
KeithT Not sure how much we have now because I came in around 530-6p ,but everytime a car has driven by it has been snowing like crazy..
Just guessing somewhere around 16" or more...
You're up higher like my brother and he had a 11"-12" at 6pm in at Hazelton.

/ West Virginia snow, #9  
Well, the snowmobilers around here are hoping for more snow, but thankfully this storm is scheduled to swing east and out to sea before it gets as far north as NS! :):):)

/ West Virginia snow, #10  
It's still coming down hard in central VA. I went ahead and took the FEL off my 790 and put the snow blade on. Actually, I really like the FEL for clearing snow because I can make big piles with it, but the snow plow is a lot faster. Like etcallhome, I'll probably end up plowing the neighborhood. Also, for some reason the front blade doesn't leave as "slick" a surface as the FEL edge.

Fortunately, I think we have enough snow that I feel good about firing up the Cat D4. At 20,000lbs and packing a 10' wide blade, it'll move some snow....