JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself

/ JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself #1  

Wolfman37

Tractor
JD 755
I'm out blowing 12" of snow with my front mount dual stage blower. The PTO just shuts off and light goes out. Doesn't matter if its a full load or not or if I'm running lights.

Where do I look to figure out this problem?

Thanks

/ JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself #2  
Is it electrically operated or mechanical from a lever? I am not sure on the 755?

/ JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself #3  
The PTO is electrically activated by a mechanical lever that engages an electromagnet. Several safety switches can remove power from that electromagnet and dump the PTO. The mechanical lever remains engaged during this and must be recycled off-to-on to re-engage the PTO. I know some have had a problem with the electromagnet and lever not engaging far enough to lock into place. Watch the magnet behind the dash and see if it needs an adjustment to move far enough.

/ JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself
I'll look into the magnet Saturday and let you know.

I have a technical manual for the 755, I'll look for the electromagnet.

I wish there was a troubleshooting manual that woud have given me that answer!

Thanks

/ JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself #6  
I second the electro magnetic switch under the dash. Its located the on lever . I have had issues with mine also. Pull of the left panel and your starring right at it. Good luck!

/ JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself #7  
Seat switch???

The seat switch would be the most likely of the safety shutoffs. Much less likely is the delay module. I never hear of those failing but of course it is possible. If you are positive the magnet advances to proper position, then yes try bypassing the switch. I attached the wiring diagram of that portion.

Attachments

• 755 PTO electrical.jpg
    755 PTO electrical.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 633
   / JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself #8  
Wolfman37,

Do you have the 755 tech manual TM1360 (16OCT91)? If so, check out Section 210-Group 5 for a PTO operation check and troubleshooting. The following sections should be of interest:

Section 250 - Group 5- Part 6: PTO safety start check
Section 250 - Group 5- Part 10: PTO/ seat safety switch
Section 250 - Group 5- Part 11: PTO operation check
Section 250 - Group 5- Part 12: PTO/ seat bypass check
Section 250 - Group 5- Part 13: PTO brake check

/ JD 755 Mid PTO Shuts off by itself #9  
Wolfman, is the lever falling back when it disengages? If it is, the problem won't be electrical. The "spring" behind the dash holds the lever. It squeezes the lever on both sides to hold it in place. That spring sometimes breaks and the tension is too weak to hold.