Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 4115

Default West Virginia snow part 2

Well just came in a little while ago from plowing the plus 10 inches we got over the 30 inches we had. My 4115 with 6 1/2 ft Curtis power angle fel blade did well considering how much snow we got. The only problem I had was the diverter valve on the boom which diverts the fluid to the power angle started leaking. The leak is where you pull the knob out to divert the fluid, anyway I posted a tread on the hydraulic forum but so far had no replies. If anyone has any knowledge here on fixing the leak it will be appreciated. I realize now that theres an art to pushing snow and the more you have the better you get and believe me we have a lot. Thanks Larry

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Default Re: West Virginia snow part 2

A picture would be a good thing.. 'Course a few pics of you wallowing in the snow would be kinda fun, too!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 4115

Default Re: West Virginia snow part 2

AKFISH, I don't have any pictures but if I did you wouldn't see much of me in the snow because I am only 5'3" and the snow if half way there. I did get a reply from the hydraulic forum which may have answered my question. If the reply is right all I need to know is how should I drain the valve or fel or do I need to at all. The picture shown in the hydraulic forum is similar to my valve only my valve appears to be a double line valve. Any for information would be helpful. As for the snow its not much fun anymore. We had winds last night and I hope my work isn't covered up. This morning there is sunshine thank goodness.I have never seen this much snow before here in my part of West Virginia. I just happen to sell my Wheelhorse 520HC with a snowblower last year but my JD 4115 is doing a pretty good job. I do wish I had a snowblower for it. Larry