Anyone else have a 990?

/ Anyone else have a 990? #1  

Tractor Beam

Silver Member
I have a 990 and was just wondering if anyone else out here has one too?

/ Anyone else have a 990? #2  
Welcome to TBN! Good tractor that 990... I think there might be ONE, 990 owner left around here!!! :D

I used to have a JD 970 for 3-4 years and have only good things to say about that tractor.

Looked very seriously at buying a 990 after I sold it.

But, the fact that my wife wouldn't drive a gear transmission tractor changed that geometry. Nonetheless, there were certainly times that owning a gear tranny tractor was a really good thing...

AKfish

/ Anyone else have a 990?
Welcome to TBN! Good tractor that 990... I think there might be ONE, 990 owner left around here!!! :D

I used to have a JD 970 for 3-4 years and have only good things to say about that tractor.

Looked very seriously at buying a 990 after I sold it.

But, the fact that my wife wouldn't drive a gear transmission tractor changed that geometry. Nonetheless, there were certainly times that owning a gear tranny tractor was a really good thing...

AKfish
Thank you AKfish. Yup, I love mine, but sure wish it was a hydro drive instead.

/ Anyone else have a 990? #4  
Had a 950 for almost 30 year! God Know I Loved That Tractor ! Its the predicessor to the 970 and 990.A truely well built tractor from Yanmar for Deere.

/ Anyone else have a 990? #5  
i have a 990 love it great machine.

i have a 990 love it great machine.
Right on! I bought mine new in 2004. Aside from the fact that the hydraulics bleed off and have since new, I really like it! Very impressive machine indeed!:D

Had a 950 for almost 30 year! God Know I Loved That Tractor ! Its the predicessor to the 970 and 990.A truely well built tractor from Yanmar for Deere.
Does Yanmar make the entire tractor or just the engine?

/ Anyone else have a 990? #8  
I've got a 790 and the whole tractor is Yanmar. Solid piece of equipment.

I've got a 790 and the whole tractor is Yanmar. Solid piece of equipment.
I had no idea. I thought that Yanmar provided only the engines for the smaller advantage series tractors.

/ Anyone else have a 990? #10  
i bought a backhoe attachment for it a few years ago. the a only thing is its hard to put on, weights 1000 lbs.