2305 w/ 47" front blower performance?

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #1  

Ironhand

Bronze Member
We got our first significant snow of the winter last night, finally giving me the chance to blow with my new setup. I found myself a little underwhelmed with the throwing distance, though... We had 12-14" of light/sticky snow. I was running at ~3000rpm, low range, cutting about 3/4 the width if the blower and going as fast as I could without any snow spilling over the sides of the blower. Maybe a slow walking pace. The blower was throwing the snow about 20 feet. Normal? Everything is new and seems to be working properly, no broken shear pins, etc.

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #2  
Yep that's about right. It was a bit warm here yesterday, lower 30s the snow had a lot of moisture content so it doesn't throw as far as it does when it's 10 or so. Fortunately your machine has plenty of power to move it again if it doesn't make it all the way across the drive way.. Some days when it's real cold and the wind is blowing it will go a couple of hundred feet..

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #3  
I feel the same way. Does not seem to have the power my old belt drive singlestage snowthrower did. It will go thru the snow ok but only throws it about 15 feet. Makes me wish the impeller would spin faster running at 3500 rpms

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #4  
only 20 feet ?!?! That's whimpy, my old snapper two stage threw about 30 feet.

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #5  
Running somewhere around 25-3000 I can blown snow from one side of a two lane road to the other side. Guessing 25-30' ...Have to admit still better than taking a shovel and trying to shovel it that far,especially when you are dealing with 18-30" of snow.
Wetter snow maybe only 20-25' .. But like I stated above ,very seldom do I run my at 3000 rpm.. Far less vibration at lower rpm and happy with the distance it is throwing at that speed.

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #6  
I feel the same way. Does not seem to have the power my old belt drive singlestage snowthrower did. It will go thru the snow ok but only throws it about 15 feet. Makes me wish the impeller would spin faster running at 3500 rpms

i agree . i posted this but no one really agreed with it. i may look at it closer to see how hard install is. gets nothing but rave reviews.

Snowblower Impeller Kit

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance?
only 20 feet ?!?! That's whimpy, my old snapper two stage threw about 30 feet.

My Honda HS724 will throw 50 feet all day long. An unfair comparison, I suppose.

We got at least another foot of wet stuff yesterday and last night. I'm so glad I bought this. I would still be out there plowing if it wasn't for the blower.

Looking at it, it appears you wound need to pull the impeller to install that kit.

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #8  
Ironhand,

Yeah, 20' give or take seems about right; and I think you're right that is isn't a fair comparison with a 724. I've had (stress HAD) a walk behind,and I think they are different machines.

The JD will make a 48" hole through the 2-1/2' bank left by the plow trucks at the end of the driveway and throw the snow 20' while doing it. One more pass and the hole is 8' wide!

My walk behind might have thrown snow 20, 30, 40 even 50' but when I got to the end of the driveway I'd usually have a workout fighting up/over and through that bank or walk back up to the house and get a shovel to break through the bank left by the snowplows.

That said, I'm not sure if the impeller kit is a big improvement. I don't know if these rigs (2305/2210) have the horsepower and impeller speed to really throw the snow very far regardless of how tight the impeller tolerances are.

Joe

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #9  
My 2305/47" seems to throw much farther than that depending upon conditions. My driveway is about 25-30' wide and I can throw it way over the edge depending upon the angle of the chute, type of snow and speed. I do find that the speed I go at effects the throwing distance drastically and not from slowing it down, something about how it gets into the blower or something maybe. I've thrown 40'+ easy when I get it just right and the output looks like a square extruded tube of snow. If I go to slow for the 2nd pass for the 'moustache' snow it'll throw it only maybe 10' unless I speed up and load up the blower.

/ 2305 w/ 47" front blower performance? #10  
Lots of variables here - amount of snow, weight of snow (powder or heavy), wind, tractor speed. I have two of these blowers - one on a 2210 - similar to your machine - and one on a 445. The performance you're describing is normal for a foot of heavy snow. Remember the faster you go, the more you load the machine and the shorter the throw. If you've got a foot of light snow or powder, these blowers will thow much further than 20' - more like 50'.