jd 70a to a jd 855

/ jd 70a to a jd 855 #1  

safesmith

how to hook up the diff. colored hoses on my 70a loader to my jd 855

/ jd 70a to a jd 855 #2  
I take it the color coding is no longer there? I also take it you have no manuals for your tractor or loader?
If the color coding is there, it's easy...match the FEL color to the tractor color. If the coding is missing on the tractor or loader, follow the procedure below:

First, if the FEL hoses are still in the protective sheathing, they should position themselves to the corresponding QD fittings on the tractor. Also, the hoses will be parallel (meaning they should not cross over one another).
So, hook them up and start your tractor. It's been several years since I operated an 855, but I'm pretty sure the pattern of the joystick is:
Forward lowers FEL
Rearward raises FEL
Leftward curls bucket
Rightward dumps bucket
(any 855 owners, please correct me if I'm wrong!!!)

Give it a try and see what happens. GO SLOW!!!! (Keep the tractor RPM low (1200 is good) and the range lever in neutral (prevent any movement of the tractor)).
If it works right, label the tractor and FEL fittings (for future installation) and you're good to go.

If it does not work right, label the fittings (this will be a temporary labeling) and swap TWO hoses. Make note of what the loader does. Move ONE hose through the other three until the joystick function and hose position matches. Once that is done PERMANENTLY label the loader/tractor fittings that function correctly (should be one loader and one tractor fitting).
You're done with those two fittings, so move to the next two fittings and repeat this process. Once you have hoses connected that work, do NOT detach them until all the hoses match and work correctly!
This will take a bit of time, and have rags handy (since you'll probably get a few drops of hydraulic on your hands).

/ jd 70a to a jd 855 #3  
This attachment should help. Also, looking at the hose connections on your tractor they are left to right: 1 Yellow, 2 Silver, 3 Black, 4 Green.

Attachments

• 70  loader hoses0001.jpg
    70 loader hoses0001.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,250
   / jd 70a to a jd 855 #4  
When we got our 855, the color coding was gone from the hoses though I think at least one has a number stamped in the end. The previous ower put zip ties around each hose corresponding with the hose number, 4 ties means hose 4. Works well.

/ jd 70a to a jd 855 #5  
I took a pic of mine. After fighting it 3 times... :)

Attachments

• 955 Hydro lines.JPG
    955 Hydro lines.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 1,616