teaching wife to operate 2305

/ teaching wife to operate 2305 #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
I had heard that you shouldn't try to teach your wife to drive. I now know that includes tractors. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

Attachments

• tractorann.jpg
    tractorann.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 660
   / teaching wife to operate 2305 #2  
Now you've done it. You know, you'll have to buy another tractor now...:p

/ teaching wife to operate 2305
I have a JD4520. She wanted a smaller tractor as the 4520 was too big for her.

Attachments

• tractorcomp.jpg
    tractorcomp.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 411
   / teaching wife to operate 2305 #5  
You are braver then me, though I did offer to have the dealer show her how to operate the new 2305 that showed up last week the day we got 9 inches of snow.

/ teaching wife to operate 2305 #6  
You must have slip by useing the words..fun play or Mrs. saw you having good time..happen to me.

Its good thing better half has idea how to operate even if its the basic..you never know you may need help one day.

Attachments

• L30o.jpg
    L30o.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 341
   / teaching wife to operate 2305 #7  
Here is my wife moving a little snow in the driveway 2 years ago.

When we were looking to buy a tractor we looked at orange, blue and finally green. After I test drove a 3320 e-hydro around the dealer lot for a while, she got on for a spin. With a big smile she then declared that if I bought this one, she would pay half. So she gets to drive it now and then.

Attachments

• march 2008 snow.jpg
    march 2008 snow.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 413
   / teaching wife to operate 2305 #8  
She's havin' fun! :D Real concentration and focus... stand back and let her be!

I wish my wife would show some interest... then maybe I wouldn't have to clean the corral ALL the time!! :(

AKfish

/ teaching wife to operate 2305
So far the biggest issue is fine control on the fel. She does way too big of motion on the joystick.

I made her mount-dismount the mower deck. I figure I will do it most of the time, but I want her to know how. She is the reason for the carrier I built for the mower deck. I could lug the mower into the 4520s bucket, but she had a real hard time.

/ teaching wife to operate 2305 #10  
As long as there is a drink holder and power steering my bride is good to go. She is fearless on the 455 as well as our 4400. Guess who does the weed wacking now?