Anybody have a TSC Drag Harrow Rake

/ Anybody have a TSC Drag Harrow Rake #1  

OtterBrookStables

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4120
Looking to get an 8'X8' TSC drag rake. Main uses will be to drag the riding arenas and to drag the paddocks to disperse horse manure. Anybody have one of these? Price is pretty decent at $499. How's the quality? How do they stand up over time?

/ Anybody have a TSC Drag Harrow Rake #2  
I've had one for several years now. It works very well, I use it to break up the horse manure in the fields. I had to put a large log on it get a little more weight on it to break things up better. I'll also pull it behind a landscaping rake to break up what the rake misses. It can be a PITA moving it around because it is very heavy and awkard. I keep threatening to mount it onto a carry-all, but never got around to it.

/ Anybody have a TSC Drag Harrow Rake
I've had one for several years now. It works very well, I use it to break up the horse manure in the fields. I had to put a large log on it get a little more weight on it to break things up better. I'll also pull it behind a landscaping rake to break up what the rake misses. It can be a PITA moving it around because it is very heavy and awkard. I keep threatening to mount it onto a carry-all, but never got around to it.

Good to hear - thanks. I've seen where some people use a 3pt boom pole to lift the rake. Pretty cool idea. The just slide one or two lengths (depends on the length of the rake and the boom pole lift height) of pipe under the width of the rake and then attach the ends of the pipe(s) to the boom pole with chain. Lifts it right up and folds it over when you're ready to transport it. Looks like a slick idea. TSC has a light-duty boom pole for $120, but it only has a 500lb capacity. If I'm going to get a boom, I think I'll look around for one with more capacity so I can use it for other tasks. More toys.....:D

/ Anybody have a TSC Drag Harrow Rake #4  
Mine came from TSC and was made by T.R. MetalCrafters "Loyal brand".
I've been very happy with it and use a boom pole to move it around. I'm not as young as I once was, so I use a chain hoist to flip it over if necessary.