5105M cab sound system

/ 5105M cab sound system #1  

jackh

Tractor
John Deere 5105M
we have a cab on our JD 5105M and it has a sound system with a kenwood face. you are supposed to be able to play songs from your ipod on this thing, but the only way i can see of doing that is having one of those cords that goes from the headphone jack on the ipod to the headphone-looking-jack on the kenwood face. sry if that doesn't make sense. i guess it would be just like the cords in the new F150s where the truck speakers just plug into the ipod via the headphone jack. is this how it works? if so, where do i get one of those cords? thanks

/ 5105M cab sound system #2  
we have a cab on our JD 5105M and it has a sound system with a kenwood face. you are supposed to be able to play songs from your ipod on this thing, but the only way i can see of doing that is having one of those cords that goes from the headphone jack on the ipod to the headphone-looking-jack on the kenwood face. sry if that doesn't make sense. i guess it would be just like the cords in the new F150s where the truck speakers just plug into the ipod via the headphone jack. is this how it works? if so, where do i get one of those cords? thanks

Jack.....not sure if that is your only option as I am not familiar with the Kenwood model JD uses...However, you can get the cord (Best quality... if the cord doesn't cause any issues) you are referring to at any WalMart....Electronics section....amoungst the Ipod accessories....Another option would be to get a FM modulator...they plug into your ipod (powered by the Ipod--Fair Quality) or into the Ipod and a standard 12V outlet (cigarette lighter---Better Quality and keeps the IPOD charged)...both of these can be set to any FM frequency. You then just tune your Kenwood to the same FM frequency and enjoy!! You can compare while you are at Wally-World as several versions of all of these should be located together....BestBuy would be another good place to shop for these. Hope this helps...:thumbsup:

/ 5105M cab sound system
ya ive tried fm transmitters with ipods before and havent been very impressed. as far as i know, the cord has the best sound quality so i guess ill try that

/ 5105M cab sound system #4  
You might want to have a look at the back of the stereo if that is possible. Many of the new units have a true Ipod link cable that is attached in the rear and meant to be routed to a center console, dash cubby hole, etc. in the car/truck/tractor. I have seen units like that installed with the Ipod cable left dangling from the rear of the unit still wound with the twist tie around it.....If the unit has RCA inputs ...there are jack to RCA cables you can buy and route through the cab to the rear of the unit which would enable you to place your Ipod in a convenient location as well. The perk to having the true Ipod connection (flat thin plug that slides into the botton of the Ipod) would be the charging feature while you listen....Good Luck

/ 5105M cab sound system
i bought a stereo audio cable from best buy yesterday im pretty sure this is what i need. my buddy bought the same cable at the same time and it worked fine in his tahoe and his tahoe has the same hookup as the face in my JDs cab. ill be at the ranch next wknd and ill test it out then