448 backhoe mounted on new 4520 Cab

/ 448 backhoe mounted on new 4520 Cab #1  

xrjohndeere

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Kubota L4060 HST
Just thought I would let you guys know I got my new 4520 JD w/cab last week. I kept my old 400cx loader and 448 backhoe and brackets. The brackets I had to modify to fit the new cab tractor. What I had to do was cut 3" off the front of both brackets and cut the top of the right one down a little to clear the cables for the loader valve underneath where the computer is. On the left side I had to take off the bracket that the range control lever connected to and cut it and weld it to the backhoe side plate. Had to cut a few pieces of steel on the BH bracket down where the cable would go through and then bolted it up. It really was not too much trouble. John Deere wanted $1800 for the new brackets for the cab tractor. Pretty expensive half inch plate steel! Where I had to cut the brackets there was no loss in strength. I hooked up the backhoe and it fit just fine. No issues with clearance of the back glass. The loader I was not able to hook up because John Deere changed the size of the hydraulic couplers on the tractor so I will have to go to JD tomorrow and get new ends. All I have to do after that is hook up the stereo and the rear work lights. Hope to get Pics soon.

/ 448 backhoe mounted on new 4520 Cab #2  
Lookin' forward to seeing your modifications. Most folk's would have resigned themselves with buying new attachments -- you got quite a bit more "can do and will do it myself" in the tank..

Congrats on your new tractor and your ingenuity. :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ 448 backhoe mounted on new 4520 Cab #3  
Preserverance pays off, glad to see you have the backhoe mounted.:thumbsup:
Waiting for pics of that bad boy.