adjusting 3pt to lift higher

/ adjusting 3pt to lift higher
i don't need anything in particular right now, but a service manual would be nice to have. just didn't want to waste the $ on the CD if it was going to be as annoying and crappy as the the ford ranger one i have.

/ adjusting 3pt to lift higher #22  
I kind of like the Ford Ranger one I have but either way....

From the third picture I'd say the arms are lifted way in the air. Same as they would be on my 4200. Its the box blade that looks like its sitting low. Though I can't say I think its sitting that low.

what year ranger? mine was for a '96...so maybe they improved things since.

the arms may be correct, just compared to my old ford 600, it doesn't give as much height. this could also be partially due to a little less ground clearance of the R4 tires. at least i think R1's at 12.4-24 (the ford has 12.4-28) would be taller than R4's at 15.00-19.50.

/ adjusting 3pt to lift higher #24  
Those Deere service manuals are really nice and a worthwhile investment. My 670/770/870/970/1070/790 manual on CD cost less the $50.
I just wish mine had a hyperlinked table of contents or index. Scrolling through 1100 pages isn't a lot of fun.

where did you get yours Roy? i thought the one i saw was closer to $80ish.

thanks.

/ adjusting 3pt to lift higher #26  
Wowsers! Two years ago I paid $30 delivered for six CDs of JD manuals. eBay of course. They must be getting greedy.

defed, I have the 1996 Ford Trucks CD. I also have the printed copy and the CD is exactly the same as the printed copy. Or rather the order of the CD and the order of the books is the same. The CD is better cause its cross-linked. Ford has been doing them that way for ages. The printed books for the 06 F150 still follows the same format more or less (more electronic tests change it somewhat).

for fun, i entered the manual # (paper - tm1677, cd - tm1677cd) into jdparts...$133 for paper, $67 for CD.

/ adjusting 3pt to lift higher #28  
Well sure, if you want to go THAT route..... :)

it's a base reference on price anyway.

/ adjusting 3pt to lift higher #30  
where did you get yours Roy? i thought the one i saw was closer to $80ish.

thanks.

I bought mine from the local Deere dealer..but that was 10 years ago.
Still a worthwhile investment and can save you the cost of the CD in the first repair you do.