62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting?

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #1  

prosperity

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I just un-crated my new 62D deck today, and I was kind of surprised to see a water hose fitting on the left side of the deck.

Felt underneath, and sure enough feels like a 2-hole spray nozzle.

I've seen some homeowner machines at Lowes before with this feature, but don't have much faith in it.......

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #2  
Must be something new they added...

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting?
Maybe so -

I noticed in the manual that came with it, they mention 62D1 and 62D2 - my crate sticker had 62D2 -

Maybe I got a new and improved version?

I've read in the past about zerks missing from the casters - this deck has zerks on all the caster wheels and all the shafts.

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #4  
I have a quick-disconnect water hose fitting on the deck of my X300R, too. Not sure - but there might be a hose fitting on both sides of the deck.

Never used it... probably have to wear full raingear!! :eek:

AKfish

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #5  
The deck on the 2305 has this as well. Some idiot designed it. It is next to the step, instead of the off side where it wouldn't get stepped on.

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #6  
Maybe so -

I noticed in the manual that came with it, they mention 62D1 and 62D2 - my crate sticker had 62D2 -

Maybe I got a new and improved version?

I've read in the past about zerks missing from the casters - this deck has zerks on all the caster wheels and all the shafts.

Hello prosperity

The 62D2 is a heavier deck by 75 lbs over the 62D1. I'm pretty sure the 62D2 is usually found on the 25/2720's.

Greg

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #7  
I added three water ports to my L(emon)-130's 48" deck, one for each blade. Granted I'm mowing juicy green tumbleweeds that gets mixed with fine claycrete dust instead of grass; I do find they help a bit. Maybe they work better with just grass, I don't know.

However; the key to getting the most effectiveness out of the wash ports is to have the deck as close to the ground as possible and the mower deck running at cutting speed. Good water pressure and flow help too. I run mine for 2-minutes per port.

If I had a lathe, I'd consider machining the aluminum or zinc port castings to work with a pressure washer...assuming the pressure washer doesn't destroy the casting.

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting?
As I said, I don't have much faith in this. I am quite a fanatic on keeping my deck clean, and don't see how this will work very well. Plus, just another something under the deck to catch wet grass, and something plastic on top of the deck to break.

Another issue with me - I never wash my deck when the spindles are still hot - just doesn't seem like a good practice to spray cold water on hot spindles/bearings.

I will likely remove it once I find a proper plug for the hole.

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #9  
The port is a waste of time.. Tried it once and it wasn't worth the fuel I burnt. Ended up taking the deck off anyway to clean it, works far better IMO. My 08 2320 came with a D2 deck so I don't see it being a 2520/2720 item, they have the new style front caster wheels and a few other changes can't remember off the top of the old noggen though what the rest are.

/ 62D Deck - Water Hose Fitting? #10  
The deck wash kit is a joke! I have one on my ztrac 445 and it's as useless as **** on a bull.
Rob