48 & 448 Mounting Brackets

/ 48 & 448 Mounting Brackets #1  

Snowcatter

Tractor
JD 3720
I have a new 3720 with a 48 backhoe, and I would like to upgrade it to the newer model 448. My question is if the 448 uses the same mounting bracket as the 48? Or do I need to buy a new bracket as well? I have already purchased a new 448 assuming it would bolt right up, but I have not seen one up close to tell if it mounts the same . . . the salesman said it would, but I am not so sure

/ 48 & 448 Mounting Brackets #2  
I would try it before I bought the new brackets. I mounted my 448 on my New 4520 with cab that they said would not work. The mounting brackets that go on the new tractor where different from the open station 4520 that I had. I was able to modify the open station brackets to fit with a little torching and welding. Not much trouble really. You do not want to buy new brackets. Just for the big weldement plates they are $900 a piece. $1800 total. For that you could do alot of modifing. I don't know much about the 48 hoe but if it looks the same I bet it will mount right up. Good luck.

/ 48 & 448 Mounting Brackets #3  
I'm thinking if a salesman suggested a route which didn't include a sale and related commission, they probably aren't lying about it.

/ 48 & 448 Mounting Brackets
Just FYI . . . The 48 and 448 use a completely different mounting bracket, not even close! So I have to buy new brackets :( Anyone looking for a slightly used mounting bracket for a 48 backhoe to 3720 & 4000 series tractors?