62D lock-up kit

/ 62D lock-up kit #1  

prosperity

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I just did the initial installation of the 62D on my 2520 (new 62D - old 2520).

All went fine, but I noticed that with the deck off, and dropping the 3PH, the deck linkage actually will drag on the ground.

Did some research, and found the lock-up kit - but for $150, I would rather fabricate my own.

Does anyone have a good photo of the Deere lock-up kit so I can use that to make a material list?
Or has anyone else done this themselves?

/ 62D lock-up kit #2  
Hello prosperity,
I also was going to fab a way to keep the linkage up,but when I realized removing the four pins removed everything,that's what I decided to do.:)
I may decide to figure some sort of bracket this summer before I would have to remove it again for winter. I'm betting it's alot easier to take it off than to put it back on. I'll find that out shortly.

Greg

/ 62D lock-up kit #3  
Don't have any pictures handy, but here is the parts diagram from the JD web site. The top triangular-shaped piece bolts to the fender bracket. Parts #5 and 6 are a turnbuckle that is welded to the chain which attaches to the three-point arms.

Attachments

• MP28650________UN02JUL02.gif
    MP28650________UN02JUL02.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 236
   / 62D lock-up kit #4  
Hmm,that looks easy enough to make.
One question though,why the need for adjustability with the turnbuckle,and not a solid bar? Am I missing something?

Greg

/ 62D lock-up kit
Thanks for the diagram Runner - that is even better than a photo!

It looks like a bracket needs to be installed (#3 in the diagram) which would make more reason that the kit is so expensive.

I think the adjustability with the turn shackles isn't necessary either, but this kit might be made for multiple models, so the reason for the adjusters.

Hopefully I can fab something up without their bracket - once I get time to get going on this I will update.