John Deere 1050 PTO question

/ John Deere 1050 PTO question #1  

MarcusWard

I have purchased a John Deere 1050 and it is my first tractor so forgive me if this question seems dumb. Is there a way to disengage the PTO other than depressing the clutch? For example, when driving the PTO shaft is always turning. I thought that there would be a way to stop this, but I can't see to figure it out. I don't have the owner's manual although I have one coming to me from John Deere. Any help would be appreciated.

/ John Deere 1050 PTO question #2  
I have purchased a John Deere 1050 and it is my first tractor so forgive me if this question seems dumb. Is there a way to disengage the PTO other than depressing the clutch? For example, when driving the PTO shaft is always turning. I thought that there would be a way to stop this, but I can't see to figure it out. I don't have the owner's manual although I have one coming to me from John Deere. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to TBN:D

There should be a lever, on the left side I think? (Not 100% sure though) that disengages the PTO.

/ John Deere 1050 PTO question
Thanks for the info Kenny. I took a look at my tractor when I got home and I did locate the lever that you were describing. When I pull up on the lever the PTO shaft does stop turning; however, I do have to hold the lever up for this to continue. Once I let go of the lever the PTO shaft starts turning again. It turns slowly until I push the lever down all the way and then it speeds up. My guess is that the level should stay up on its own with the PTO disengaged but it is not doing that. Any idea if this is common or if it is an easy fix?

/ John Deere 1050 PTO question #4  
push in the clutch then pull up lever .

/ John Deere 1050 PTO question
I did push the clutch and pulled up on the lever but it didn't stay. Maybe I didn't have the clutch fully depressed. I will try again this evening and see if it works. Thanks for the help.