Backhoe Model of JD farm tractor used in a model of BH?

/ Model of JD farm tractor used in a model of BH? #1  

Gale Hawkins

Super Star Member
Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
My JD backhoe question is does anyone know a way to find out the base JD farm tractor used for each different BH model. I was told by knowing this you could often find parts in common as used parts or new parts at a dealer who may not have books on JD construction models?

/ Model of JD farm tractor used in a model of BH? #2  
Best way probably is to draw on the collective knowledge of those that post here and on other similar boards. Any particular model you are interested in? You could also go on jdparts.com and search parts for your model, and find those parts on other models using the 'where used' search.

/ Model of JD farm tractor used in a model of BH? #3  
Best way probably is to draw on the collective knowledge of those that post here and on other similar boards. Any particular model you are interested in? You could also go on jdparts.com and search parts for your model, and find those parts on other models using the 'where used' search.

I agree, especially with the JDParts suggestion. Learn to use it...You just have to "think like a parts guy" because it's the same basic system the parts counter uses at the dealerships, and best of all it's FREE:)

/ Model of JD farm tractor used in a model of BH? #4  
Commonality of parts ended once the backhoe became in integral part of the machine. The older units that utilized the 92, 9200 etc.. hoe where very similar to 4000 series tractors (4010, 4020, etc. there are more just an example) these where also generally the vane style swing motors but not always some attatched style hoes had cylinders. They are right about using the online parts to access these books as well as any Deere dealer (i think)using PMPro also has full access to books with that method as well.