Rear Remote Install

/ Rear Remote Install #1  

markwillcott

Tractor
JD 5105
We have a couple of weeks on the JD5105 we picked up. We are buying a new box blade and I would like to get hydraulic scarifiers, but I don't have rear remotes.

I talked with the dealer and he said about $1000 for one remote, $1600 for two.

Anybody have any experience installing? Can I put these on myself?

Thanks, MRW

/ Rear Remote Install #2  
I added one remote to my Deere 4300, and it wasn't a major job. Removal of right rear tire and fender, and follow the directions that come with the kit. The single SCV addition was a cable running to the valve block that was set to go.

Not sure how the double SCV differs. Assuming the 5105 is rigged similar to the 4300.

/ Rear Remote Install #3  
I did my own here, albeit on a different tractor. Please disregard that I kept calling it a SVC instead of a SCV -- People were either being very polite or having a good laugh.

It took a few hours and I said a few bad words, but it really wasn't that bad. One of the more interesting parts of the project would be if you had to removed one of the rear tires if it was loaded. I certainly wouldn't do that alone.

/ Rear Remote Install #4  
is there anything 'special' in the kits? i presume it is feasible that one could gather their own parts (spool valves, hose or steel line, fittings) and install remotes...once you determine where to tap off of?

/ Rear Remote Install #5  
I can not help with the install for your tractor,:ashamed: but if there is any way that you can get 3 rear remotes, that would be the way to go. One for your hydraulic scarifiers, one for a hydraulic top link and one for a hydraulic side link. With these three hydraulics, your new box blade will be extremely useful and very easy to adjust for the different type of work that needs to be accomplished at the moment. :thumbsup:

/ Rear Remote Install #6  
is there anything 'special' in the kits? i presume it is feasible that one could gather their own parts (spool valves, hose or steel line, fittings) and install remotes...once you determine where to tap off of?

Yeah, a person could probably source some of it, depends on the machine... but if its like most of the JD Whole Goods kits, the savings would be minor.
Example...on my 3520 cab... the kit consisted of a few fittings, the 2 quick couplers, Hard lines, brackets, Lever and cable.

Could I have bought just the lever & cable thru JD Parts and sourced the rest...yeah..but the install wouldnt have been as quick and look as good as it does now.
I sourced my own SCV for my F935...it was NLA thru JD, so I bought just the JD specific items and parted it together...took me a while to install (2 trips to the hose shop) etc..

I have been hard pressed to find it cheaper to source things vs the JD whole goods packages....if your buy the parts individually, TOTALLY different story.

/ Rear Remote Install #7  
i'd have to price the kits. i would want a 2 or 3 spool valve. depends if you can run 2 to rear and 1 to front and switch function w/ a diverter (use 2 spool) or if you would have to run 2 to rear and 1 to front using 1 spool per (3 spool).

i thought one could get spool valves at surplus center dirt cheap, but i just checked and they aren't as cheap as i remember!

of course, a DYI kit wouldn't look as good.

/ Rear Remote Install #8  
i'd have to price the kits. i would want a 2 or 3 spool valve. depends if you can run 2 to rear and 1 to front and switch function w/ a diverter (use 2 spool) or if you would have to run 2 to rear and 1 to front using 1 spool per (3 spool).

i thought one could get spool valves at surplus center dirt cheap, but i just checked and they aren't as cheap as i remember!

of course, a DYI kit wouldn't look as good.

Well, IMO that kinda changes my response.....if you want to install 2/3 remotes using your PB circuit...then yeah, your probably better off parting it together. Tons of nice & super slick install pics here on TBN. I thought you were wanting to buy just the Deere Specific parts from JD Parts and get the hoses, couplers, fittings, etc.. from your local hyd supplier... Depends on the model of tractor really...If I had an open station I woulda had a Surplus Center Valve and 3 rear SCV's a year ago...but on my Cab model I really cant do it...I'm stuck with the bleepin diverter setup...

/ Rear Remote Install #9  
aren't there kits from deere to add a 3rd, 4th and 5th SCV? i figured these were variations to get 2, 3 or more remotes w/ levers that fit the finish of the tractor.

my goal would be to get 2 to the rear....need 1 for sure for a dump trailer, and w/ 2, i could have hydraulic top and adjustment link on 3pt.

i want at least 1 more to the front for a grapple on the bucket. i saw one for sale on ebay that gave me some ideas on building one myself. theirs is pretty simple and looks functional enough, and not that hard to fabricate.

so that's where i get 3 more from, 2 for 3pt and 1 for grapple simultaneously. if i had the dump trailer on, i would just use one from the 3pt as i would have no use for a hydraulic top link when the trailer is on.