Pallet forks / bale spear combo units

/ Pallet forks / bale spear combo units #1  

zuiko

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 990 4WD
Anyone know of any forks with bale spears for the JD style QA loader bucket mounts? I have found plenty for skidsteer style QA, but nothing but dedicated spears and forks so far for the JD style.

I was considering getting a skidsteer adapter but I'm not sure I want to lose the lifting capacity from the weight of the plate and moving the load out a few more inches.

Another option would be to get two separate units but that is a lot of extra space to store what is essentially the same implement (one with spears one with forks). I already have a hard enough time finding space to store all the 3 pt stuff where I can get at it when I need it.

Any suggestions?

/ Pallet forks / bale spear combo units #2  
Well if you do end up having to buy both, maybe as other forums have suggested, and you have the room to go up, make some storage racks and using the forks to "stack" your other 3 pt attachments, thus making room for your two new purchases. Good luck.

/ Pallet forks / bale spear combo units
Guess I will probably end up getting two separate units since it doesn't seem like there is a combo unit available for JD mount. It wouldn't cost me any more than getting the skidsteer QA adapter and a skidsteer combo unit anyway. It's really just a storage issue and given that they go on the loader rather than the 3pt it might be easier to find a place to stick them where i can easily hook and unhook them.

/ Pallet forks / bale spear combo units #4  
Try MDS Manufacturing. They have compact loader forks and I know they have hay spears. If they don't already have it, they might make the combo unit for you.