Tires rim guard in tires

/ rim guard in tires #1  

beagleboy

Tractor
1997 john Deere 1070 4WD
I called a place today about filling the tires on my 1070 with Rimguard[beetjuice]. They said they would hold about 42 gallons per tire and would be $310. Does sound like the going price or is it high?

/ rim guard in tires #2  
That just the juice, or the labor too (incl tax and tip)?

/ rim guard in tires #3  
I called a place today about filling the tires on my 1070 with Rimguard[beetjuice]. They said they would hold about 42 gallons per tire and would be $310. Does sound like the going price or is it high?
Sounds like it's in the ball park...have you looked into methanol, windshield washer fluid (contains methanol), or anti-freeze & water mix (non-toxic is available, if that is a concern). I personally wouldn't recommend Calcium unless you're willing to run tubes. Anyway, there are some cheaper, albeit less dense, alternatives that you can do yourself and save a considerable amount of money.

/ rim guard in tires #4  
I paid about $2.75 per gallon two months ago. That included the labor.

/ rim guard in tires #5  
Considering windshield washer fluid is around $1.50 a gallon for a total of $126, and then add labor for someone to to do the work (maybe $100) of filling the tires, the $310 doesn't seem out of line for the additional weight.

And for 2.75 a gallon installed, I'd exchange my WW fluid for the beet juice. :)

/ rim guard in tires #6  

I put Rimguard in my tires last summer for a price of $3.23 a gal installed,
you are paying $3.69 a gal. Is that installed?

/ rim guard in tires
I guess they're not too far off then, that was installed and included tax. I had thought about windshield washer fluid but it's like water at 8 pounds per gallon whereas the rimguard is about the same as calcuim chloride at around 11 pounds per gallon. Thanks alot for the input, I appreciate it.

/ rim guard in tires #8  
And for 2.75 a gallon installed, I'd exchange my WW fluid for the beet juice. :)
I should have mentioned that I bought my tractor from this dealer so he gave me a good price for the Rimguard. Otherwise, it would've been more.

/ rim guard in tires #9  
Filled the tires on my 790 in December, price was $2.00 a gallon plus 1 hour of labor. All said and done it worked out to $3.25 per gallon installed.

/ rim guard in tires #10  
When I bought my DK45S in '05 the dealer put rimguard in for free. His theory, based on how I'd used my trade-in that the Kioti without weighted tires would be just a lawn ornament. I had iron segmented weights on my Ford 841D and without them it was less than a lawn ornament. MikeD74T