3032 Tractor Toolbox

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #1  

HowlingWolf

Hey all, I thought I would make a tool box for my tractor. Used 4 inch aluminum angle iron bolted to weight bracket. Tried ammo box for testing looked ok. Bought toolbox from HF and painted black. Works great for tools and stuff but not so good for chains I think. I saw a chain boxs on a quick hitch and it looked good. Ill give that a go in a few weeks.

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox
Pics of Tractor Box

Attachments

• tractor_box_1.jpg
    tractor_box_1.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 384
  • tractor_box_2.jpg
    tractor_box_2.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 708
  • tractor_box_3.jpg
    tractor_box_3.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 1,043
   / 3032 Tractor Toolbox #3  
Nice job!!!
Nice to see there's enough clearance between the loader and toolbox.

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #4  
Looks good, but the ammo box would have kept what's inside clean. I don't think that tool box will keep much dirt out.

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #5  
Looks good, but the ammo box would have kept what's inside clean. I don't think that tool box will keep much dirt out.

The ammo box would probably be more robust (they're pretty tough), but wouldn't have as much room as the toolbox.
I'd prefer the toolbox though. There's not a lot you need to keep in there...a few spare lynch pins, pair of pliers or channel locks...maybe a dead blow mallet or hammer. Probably a few more things as I think of them...but a little dirt isn't going to hurt any of them (watch out for rust though...neither the toolbox or ammo box will be 100% at keeping out water (ammo box would probably be better though due to it's clamping shut)).

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #6  
The ammo box would probably be more robust (they're pretty tough), but wouldn't have as much room as the toolbox.
I'd prefer the toolbox though. There's not a lot you need to keep in there...a few spare lynch pins, pair of pliers or channel locks...maybe a dead blow mallet or hammer. Probably a few more things as I think of them...but a little dirt isn't going to hurt any of them (watch out for rust though...neither the toolbox or ammo box will be 100% at keeping out water (ammo box would probably be better though due to it's clamping shut)).

My ammo box-tool box has a rubber gasket all the way around the lid and I have never had water get in yet. I would guess that cubic inches are about the same, just that the tool box is longer. No problem with having either one, just pointing stuff out for others to consider when looking. ;)

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #7  
I made a similar tool box last summer for my 3320. I also used an ammo box. I came close to smashing my tool box when I was back filling dirt behind a retaining wall. Kind of forgot it was there but no damage done.

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #8  
Nice job and good spot for the tool box. :thumbsup: I'd have to armor plate that box a little as I'm always operating in the timber and I play bull dozer a bit too much....but for most applications it oughta work good.

Good to know their is some room up front....as that tractor model is on my radar. I cannot beleive JD still wont put a factory tool box on these tractors....or at least offer an option.....geesh. :confused:

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #9  
Neat. That looks good right there. Just be careful of banging your shin on the upper ridge of your bucket. That can hurt.

Nice job.

/ 3032 Tractor Toolbox #10  
Interesting idea.

Isn't it in the way when removing the FEL? Or isn't this tractor and FEL quick tach?

When dumping the bucket into a trailer or removing items from a trailer, going to be hard to judge where that tool box is at, so as not to crunch it when the bucket isn't in front of it for protection.