Finally got my tractor

/ Finally got my tractor #1  

WA790

Well I finally got my tractor a 2006 JD 790, so after a month or so of lurking I thougt I might as well register. It has the 300 loader and came with an LX-5 field mower and a 6' Frontier box blade. I bought it about one month ago but didn't even bring it home, took it straight to Sumner Tractor to leave it there to have a Woods BH 70-X subframe backhoe put on. So it came home this week and this weekend got its first couple of days of work in. For a complete TLB rookie I think I did ok. I pulled all the large rock out of some property that will be added to the yard, about 1/2 acre. I couldn't believe the size of the boulders that the Woods backhoe could pull out of the ground. 3 were too big to fit in the loader so I chained on to them and drug them out. I also dug up for transplanting 5 fruit trees and 3 lilac bushes. After I got the rocks and trees out I dropped the backhoe off (much easier than I thought it would be) and put the box blade on. Again I was very impressed with what this attachment could do. In just under three hours I had ripped off all the sod, pulled up a large number of rock that I missed with the hoe and made the land substantially smoother. I still have quite a ways to go. There are a lot of rocks that need to be picked up and I have 3 big piles of sod and topsoil that need to be loaded into the dump trailer and hauled off. But that will be the next weekend. I have to say I am completely sold and my only regret is that I didn't make this purchase 15 years ago.

/ Finally got my tractor #2  
Well I finally got my tractor a 2006 JD 790, so after a month or so of lurking I thougt I might as well register. It has the 300 loader and came with an LX-5 field mower and a 6' Frontier box blade. I bought it about one month ago but didn't even bring it home, took it straight to Sumner Tractor to leave it there to have a Woods BH 70-X subframe backhoe put on. So it came home this week and this weekend got its first couple of days of work in. For a complete TLB rookie I think I did ok. I pulled all the large rock out of some property that will be added to the yard, about 1/2 acre. I couldn't believe the size of the boulders that the Woods backhoe could pull out of the ground. 3 were too big to fit in the loader so I chained on to them and drug them out. I also dug up for transplanting 5 fruit trees and 3 lilac bushes. After I got the rocks and trees out I dropped the backhoe off (much easier than I thought it would be) and put the box blade on. Again I was very impressed with what this attachment could do. In just under three hours I had ripped off all the sod, pulled up a large number of rock that I missed with the hoe and made the land substantially smoother. I still have quite a ways to go. There are a lot of rocks that need to be picked up and I have 3 big piles of sod and topsoil that need to be loaded into the dump trailer and hauled off. But that will be the next weekend. I have to say I am completely sold and my only regret is that I didn't make this purchase 15 years ago.

Welcome to TBN and congratulations on the new tractor.:thumbsup: As you've been lurking...you know we all like to see pictures.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Time to break out that camera!:D

Also, take some time to fill out your profile so we can learn more about you.

/ Finally got my tractor #3  
Alway happy to read about another satisfied 790 owner/operator!! Good for you!
Which Woods backhoe did you buy, and may I ask the price?

/ Finally got my tractor #4  
Gotta love the 790.

I've had mine only a few months and the amount of work I've done is remarkable.

Congratulations and Good Luck with yours and welcome to the forum.

TommyJD790

/ Finally got my tractor #5  
Congrats and good luck with your tractor. Lots of expert help here on this forum for when you need help with issues. :thumbsup:

/ Finally got my tractor
Thanks for the welcomes. I know I need to get some pictures taken and up but have had too much fun on the tractor itself to take the time. Roy, the backhoe is a Woods BH 70-X with the 4 point subframe mount. For the hoe and the subframe it was $6,400 but I did add the manual thumb for about $550. It was the best price I found for my area. Like I said in my earlier post the tractor came with a loader, box blade and field mower but I would like to get my hands on a good used PHD and landscape rake but no luck so far. I have missed out on about 3-4 on Craigs list that were sold within 24 hours of being posted. By the way how do you fill out your profile.

/ Finally got my tractor #7  
Thanks for the welcomes...

By the way how do you fill out your profile.

Click on "My Home" at the top of the page. Then click on "Edit Your Details" on the left side of the page. As you scroll down the will be various items you can fill out under "Additional Information" such as where you live, type of tractor, Attachments, etc.

I've heard good things about Sumner Tractor. I assume you must be down in that area somewhere. I'm a little north of there in Woodinville.

/ Finally got my tractor #8  
Welcome and congrats on the 790 set-up. Some day I would like to get a backhoe for my 790. But for now, I have been using the heck out of my shiny, new frontier box blade ripping compacted ground, unveiling rocks, moving yards of dirt, filling and leveling holes. Here is a pic of some of before and after box blade action filling and leveling holes, and a pic of my 790 with the BB2048 box blade.

Attachments

• before box blade.jpg
    before box blade.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 172
  • after box blade.jpg
    after box blade.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 179
  • new box blade.jpg
    new box blade.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 265
   / Finally got my tractor
I love my box blade almost as much as the backhoe but I'm still getting the hang of what it can really do. I'm actually in E. Washington around Ellensburg but the savings was worth hauling the tractor across the pass to Sumner Tractor. The salesman said that they get a fairly good discount due to volume on Woods equipment. I called 7 different places for hoe costs and they by far were the best. I would definitely recomend them.

/ Finally got my tractor #10  
I love my box blade almost as much as the backhoe but I'm still getting the hang of what it can really do. I'm actually in E. Washington around Ellensburg but the savings was worth hauling the tractor across the pass to Sumner Tractor. The salesman said that they get a fairly good discount due to volume on Woods equipment. I called 7 different places for hoe costs and they by far were the best. I would definitely recomend them.

I work for the City of Bellevue over here on the west side and we buy our big loaders and the tractors for our mowers from Sumner Tractor.:thumbsup: