John Deere 445 improvements

/ John Deere 445 improvements #1  

adamgallaher

Tractor
international cub
As we all know the JD 445 is a very neat little tractor. However if you have ran one it is easy to notice that the aux hydraulics for the loader and the 3pt hitch are easy to say weak. I recently decided to fix that problem I bought a 7gpm 3000psi that i have relieved to work at 1500psi and put it on my 445. It was a pain. First the valve that came on the 400 series tractors has NO relief valve in it. I had to add the relief valve as an external relief. it was easy to bypass the valve off of the existing system. Long story short ... it was a bit of work but now i can lift my rototiller up all the way with ease and lift a bucket full of dirt. The JD dealer was against me doing it since it is not JD approved... but i would rather have more power than i can use, than have no where near the power that i need

/ John Deere 445 improvements #2  
As we all know the JD 445 is a very neat little tractor. However if you have ran one it is easy to notice that the aux hydraulics for the loader and the 3pt hitch are easy to say weak. I recently decided to fix that problem I bought a 7gpm 3000psi that i have relieved to work at 1500psi and put it on my 445. It was a pain. First the valve that came on the 400 series tractors has NO relief valve in it. I had to add the relief valve as an external relief. it was easy to bypass the valve off of the existing system. Long story short ... it was a bit of work but now i can lift my rototiller up all the way with ease and lift a bucket full of dirt. The JD dealer was against me doing it since it is not JD approved... but i would rather have more power than i can use, than have no where near the power that i need
But will the extra power tear up the tractor?
Extra power with out extra strength is a bad thing.

/ John Deere 445 improvements #3  
The specs of this pump would make it fit a 2000-3000 LB tractor from the little I know. You most likely have way more capacity than you need but it all depends what you want to do. For instance, it would allow you to run a log splitter very well. But using all this capacity to lift would most like either break the tractor or very easily tip it over. I would make sure to have the ballast needed everywhere and limit it even more if it seems to lift too much.

/ John Deere 445 improvements #4  
IMHO, the 445 is great for mowing the yard and sort of ok for snowblowing. It would suck to me in the garden with the tires it comes with and it should not have a bucket on the front of it...

Thats just me....