dropped aplastic gas cap into gas tank JD LA135

/ dropped aplastic gas cap into gas tank JD LA135 #22  
Good machine
There is a fuel pickup in the tank, but no sensors.
Any particulate matter from the stick should be picked up in your filter.
Any finish, paint or varnish on the stick?
I agree with radioman though, get the stick out as soon as possible.

/ dropped aplastic gas cap into gas tank JD LA135 #23  
There is some old white paint on the end of the stick, about 6 inches. The paint has been on the stick for at least 14 years. And I am going to get some grabbers. I did have a couple of those, but when my husband died there was a yard sale and you wouldn't believe the "VULTURES" that came around! I sold stuff I shouldn't have, managed to keep the JD - but I digress. To the store today. Thanks for your help.

/ dropped aplastic gas cap into gas tank JD LA135 #24  
sissybitus- it wont matter when you add that additive to your gas - if you bought gas with ethanol- it still still has ethanol no matter what you add to it. all the additives does is mostly try to prevent ethanol attracting water from air space and try to stay fresh so it can be left there for a long period of time.

This sounds like a winter project to me to disassemble the tank and try to shake the stick out.

/ dropped aplastic gas cap into gas tank JD LA135 #25  
sissybitus- it wont matter when you add that additive to your gas - if you bought gas with ethanol- it still still has ethanol no matter what you add to it. all the additives does is mostly try to prevent ethanol attracting water from air space and try to stay fresh so it can be left there for a long period of time.

This sounds like a winter project to me to disassemble the tank and try to shake the stick out.

Aha, now I understand the stabilizer promotion regarding Ethanol. Actually, there are a couple gas stations here that sell un-ethanolated gas, but they are very high priced. And winter project - yuck! I think I have to vacuum my house then.