Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt

/ Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt #1  

joseph143

Tractor
2010 Deere 2320
I looking to be able to lift/transport my MMM (62D drive over)using the 3 pt hitch. Does anyone have suggestions? My dealer told me the new decks don't have transfer pins to use w/ 3 pt or the imatch. I guess I could use the FEL but it seems like it would be more secure from moving on the 3 point hitch. Thanks Joe

/ Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt #2  
I have mixed feelings about the usefulness of the lifting pins anyway. It's kind of a neat idea, particularly since it allows me to move my 62D with my loader-mounted quick hitch. However, having to move the pins back and forth to be able to move it, then mount it on the tractor is a pain.

Maybe you could rig up a sling arrangement with some chains and hooks?

/ Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt #3  
Are you guys talking about these four pins? If used with the I-Match it is a snap to pick up the deck. I never have to touch the pins,they stay in this position.

Joe hello and welcome to TBN:)
How new are the decks your dealer told you about? Mine isn't even a year old.

Greg

Attachments

• TRACTOR PICS mower deck.jpg
    TRACTOR PICS mower deck.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 293
   / Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt
Yes Greg they are the pins. My dealer said Deere got rid of them. My deck is 1 wk old. They would be nice to lift the deck so I could get under to clean it.
Thanks for the welcome.
Joe

/ Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt #5  
glc24,

I don't see how you can pick the mower up with the pins in that position with an iMatch because the spacing is too narrow? At least on mine, they have to be moved to the "wide" position (as shown in the photo from the owner's manual) to lift, and if I leave them there, they interfere with the brackets under the machine when I put it back on.

Attachments

• OMLVU17638_G957.jpg
    OMLVU17638_G957.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 192
  • 62D 007.jpg
    62D 007.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
   / Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt #6  
I'd move it around with the forks (any excuse to get forks :D ) on the 3 ph or with the FEL.

Or just use chain or strap around the front wheel brackets and lift (stand on edge) with the FEL from the back side to tilt it up to clean it. I wouldn't get under it for any reason.

/ Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt #8  
glc24,

I don't see how you can pick the mower up with the pins in that position with an iMatch because the spacing is too narrow? At least on mine, they have to be moved to the "wide" position (as shown in the photo from the owner's manual) to lift, and if I leave them there, they interfere with the brackets under the machine when I put it back on.

Runner,I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. I just meant the pins stayed in those holes,but,yes,they have to be moved outward.

Greg

/ Transporting/lifting MMM w/ 3 pt #9  
I only use the top pins and a chain to the rear of the deck