Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320

/ Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #1  

joseph143

Tractor
2010 Deere 2320
Picked up the middlebuster from Tractor Supply for 139.00 to help start a garden before using a tiller. I was quite impressed with what it did. Ripped up the sod and loosened lots of rocks, some quite large. The 2320 did great. Went slow and I got stopped 2x, but just lifted the middlebuster, backed up and dropped it again and it had no problem. Keep in mind I had no idea what I was doing. The tractor is fun, I really wanted to keep ripping up the yard. I'm trying to attach some photos. The rocks in the pictures are only a small sampling(good old northeast USA).
I did a lot of research on the middlebuster here, so I thought I'd add my initial experience.

Joe

Attachments

• DSCN3739.jpg
    DSCN3739.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCN3734.jpg
    DSCN3734.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 216
  • DSCN3735.jpg
    DSCN3735.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 348
  • DSCN3738.jpg
    DSCN3738.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 288
   / Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #2  
they are a handy tool,good for laying in piping or wire too.I use mine to make water run off ditches:thumbsup:Dave

/ Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #3  
Looks a lot like my land, Best crop it grows ROCKS.

/ Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #4  
Tell me the cardboard isn't there to prevent the bucket from getting scratched.

Matt:laughing:

/ Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #6  
All kidding aside, YES!! For the few dollars they cost, comparatively, the Middle Buster ought to be an arrow in everyone's quiver. Glad you like yours. Could not do without mine. It was my very first implement purchase.

/ Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #7  
Picked up the middlebuster from Tractor Supply for 139.00 to help start a garden before using a tiller. I was quite impressed with what it did. Ripped up the sod and loosened lots of rocks, some quite large. The 2320 did great. Went slow and I got stopped 2x, but just lifted the middlebuster, backed up and dropped it again and it had no problem. Keep in mind I had no idea what I was doing. The tractor is fun, I really wanted to keep ripping up the yard. I'm trying to attach some photos. The rocks in the pictures are only a small sampling(good old northeast USA).
I did a lot of research on the middlebuster here, so I thought I'd add my initial experience.

Joe

Joe,
Nice work. I can understand why you wanted to do more. I also liked your idea of the cardboard in the bucket. I assume your 2320 is still relatively new as I noticed the rubber nubbies still on the rear tires.

Enjoy your time with her.

Regards

/ Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #8  
Wow, nice, that must have been more than one pass, though. :)

Where did you put the big rocks ?
We get rocks here that won't fit in the bucket. If they're round I roll them to my rock dump. If they won't roll then you dig a hole to bury it and pray you don't dig up an even bigger one.

I have a spot not too much bigger than that that was a garden until 50 years ago. Plowed with a horse. 50 year old turf would bust my roto-tiller (pony troy-bilt). I'm considering a sod-cutter rental because I don't want to take the backhoe off the 2520.

I like the cardboard -dig some holes with that bucket !
although- that should quiet down tossing rocks in from 30 feet away.

/ Rookie impression of Countyline middlebuster w/ 2320 #9  
Looks like the buster did a great job! Nice pics