John Deere 4600

/ John Deere 4600 #1  

John Hansen

Your thoughts,

I have someone who has sold his home near me and is selling his JD 4600 with 350 hours on it along with a 460 loader with bucket and forks, rear blade (not box scraper) and and Erskine 720FM snow blower (driven of the rear PTO) and is asking $15,000. The tractor has been kept in a garage virtually it whole life and the rear tires are filled with liquid, and I'm not sure what it is but one of the local tire places did it and it doesn't freeze. I am looking to replace my JD 332 with it's snowblower and cab with a retirement tractor for lack of a better term. The hardest work that my tractor will do is blowing snow from my 500' long driveway in a winter like we had last year when the local ski area got 605" of snow and I was blowing snow twice a day at least 4 out of 7 days. There were drifts in our driveway higher than the tractor, so blowing snow is a real job for any tractor that I own. I think this may be a good if not great deal, but I'm not sure if these tractors have issues.

As I said, your thoughts, John

/ John Deere 4600 #2  
John
Welcome to the forum.
Suggest putting your question in the Deere operating forum so you get some good response. You have a good tractor on the hook, and hope you reel it in. If not, someone else will do it for you. Doubt you will regret it ever. :D