5525 Cutting Hay Pics

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
I know how we all like pics. Almost got 100 acres of hay laid down this weekend between other projects. 5525 knocking it out. I have almost 800 hours on it - I sure like that tractor.

D.

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 463
   / 5525 Cutting Hay Pics
Great pics! :thumbsup:

I thought that third one had captured a daytime meteor plummeting to earth....then I realized it probably was just a bug splatter on the windshield. :laughing:

S1

That is National Inquirer typer stuff - got a picture even!

D.

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics #3  
That's some good lookin' hay! What type of grass is it? The heads almost look like Oats in the sunlight.

Your 5525 is a fine lookin' machine, too.. I especially like that loader!! :D

Thanks for sharin', D.

AKfish

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics #4  
I'm sure my view of this as a "city boy" is highly romanticized, but this looks like heaven to me. Dealing with the equipment, especially bailers, is probably a pain in the neck, but it still looks like a fun life.

Beautiful place and tractor.

Thanks for sharing.

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics #5  
Thanks for the pictures.:thumbsup:

Brings back memories and the scent of fresh mown hay when sitting on a horse drawn dump rake.:D

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics
That's some good lookin' hay! What type of grass is it? The heads almost look like Oats in the sunlight.

Thanks for sharin', D.

AKfish

Yeah - it is a nice loader. :)

D.

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics
I'm sure my view of this as a "city boy" is highly romanticized, but this looks like heaven to me. Dealing with the equipment, especially bailers, is probably a pain in the neck, but it still looks like a fun life.

Beautiful place and tractor.

Thanks for sharing.

Baler is not bad - except when it jams with rocks. I am hoping my grass is thick enough this year that I don't have to hammer rocks out of the pickup auger too many times.

D.

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics

Thanks for sharin', D.

AKfish

Also - they are oats. Wild oats - cows love them and the protein content is always great.

D.

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics #9  
Wide open spaces.!!

What a rig.

/ 5525 Cutting Hay Pics
Wide open spaces.!!

What a rig.

What is funny is we are practically in the middle of the city. Houses all around us except by the bigger hay pasture - still crop land.

It is amazing what you can do with these smaller tractors. Many people told me I was crazy to do what all that i do with a 5000 series tractor.

D.