3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch is slow lowering

/ 3 point hitch is slow lowering #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
My 755 all the sudden is slow to lower the 3 ph. I have looked in the book and it does not mention anything about a valve to control the speed of drop like my 4700 has. Anyone have any ideas at what it could be?

/ 3 point hitch is slow lowering #2  
Raise the seat and look under the left side. There is a large knob close to the left fender. That is the rate of drop control.

/ 3 point hitch is slow lowering #3  
From the manual.

Attachments

• rate of drop0001.jpg
    rate of drop0001.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 896
   / 3 point hitch is slow lowering #5  
   / 3 point hitch is slow lowering
Well I checked the valve and it was all the way open. I checked Hydralic oil level and it was fine. I did notice as the temp outside dropped this evening the better the 3 ph worked. It raises just fine. It is just lowering it that is a problem. I was bushogging some pretty tall grass and working it pretty hard. I did not over work it but was working it. The temps here today was around 90. I was wondering if it would have anything to do with the hydralic oil temp. I also blew out the radiator and oil cooler as it was getting a lot of trash in it from mowing tall grass.

/ 3 point hitch is slow lowering
I called my John Deere dealer today and he said it sounds like a heat problem. I am going to try and blow out the cooler real good and wash it. If that does nto help I am not sure what to do. I did not use it tonight but I did start it up and the 3ph dropped like it should.

/ 3 point hitch is slow lowering #8  
Agree with checking for heat problem first. Looking through the tech manual problem could be the lowering check valve. Looks like not too hard to work on. Or the stop valve itself.

Attachments

• check valve1.jpg
    check valve1.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 422
  • check valve2.jpg
    check valve2.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 326
  • check valve3.jpg
    check valve3.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 303
  • check valve4.jpg
    check valve4.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 263
  • check valve5.jpg
    check valve5.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
   / 3 point hitch is slow lowering #9  
Had the same problem with my 4200 last year. Come to find out it was a small o-ring that had a little cut on it. Seems to me it was on the check valve also.