3-Point Hitch Hooking up 647 tiller to 856 compact tractor

/ Hooking up 647 tiller to 856 compact tractor #1  

Scout77

Hello All!
I'm new to TractorByNet. I'm having a problem locating hitch components for my 3 pt hitch on my 856 JD compact tractor. Specifically, sway bars, top and side links. Everything else is complete on my 3 pt hitch. I am trying to hook up a 647 tiller to my tractor. I would like to avoid going through JD direct because the cost is through the roof. Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated or, if someone has the appropriate hitch links / lift bars for sale, let me know. Thank you!

/ Hooking up 647 tiller to 856 compact tractor #2  
Sorry I do not have an alternate source for the parts, other than some common pieces at Tractor Supply. The parts from JD are VERY expensive, and do not know how good the lesser cost pieces from other sources are.

I was curious about your 856 Turf Mower Traction Unit. I have never seen one, but the 756/856 were produced only in the early years (late eighties) of the 55's. Do you have all the turf-traction equipment they came with as shown in the picture? Where did you purchase the tractor? Just interested because I have never seen anyone else refer to them.

If you meant 855 and just mistyped, then please all ignore this.

Attachments

• 7560002.jpg
    7560002.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 202
   / Hooking up 647 tiller to 856 compact tractor #3  
Fairly certain I've seen 3pt components on eBay now and again. Doesn't help you immediatly, but it may be the cheaper route. I bought my toplink from TSC, the arms they have seem a bit large for the 55 series though.