Video of belly mower removal on 2305?

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #1  

srs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 HSDC
Just wondering if anyone here on the Deere site might have a link to a video of someone removing (and reinstalling) the belly mower on a JD 2305 tractor? A friend of mine just purchased a 2305 and I found a YouTube clip of the removal and installation of the FEL but couldn't find anything for the mower. I own orange but told him I would check here to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #2  
If my dog had thumbs, he could do it. It's easy. Tell him he don't need no video. Is he illiterate? If not, then the owner's manual could be a good resource if it's not too difficult for him to flip pages. Come to think of it, there's lots of pictures so being illiterate ain't now dern excuse neither. :drool:

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305?
If my dog had thumbs, he could do it. It's easy. Tell him he don't need no video. Is he illiterate? If not, then the owner's manual could be a good resource if it's not too difficult for him to flip pages. Come to think of it, there's lots of pictures so being illiterate ain't now dern excuse neither. :drool:

Thanks for the reply. He is very smart but will probably be one to NOT do his own oil changes,etc. and will take it to the dealer. I was just trying to help him out. Thanks for your reply.

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #4  
Go over to him and walk him through the procedure with his manual. He should be grateful for that, and also it will help him understand the usefulness of the manual.
And you can show him how easy it is to do at the same time. And yes, make a video for YouTube.
But I know the type...:)

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305?
Thanks beenthere! He lives two counties over and I just see him at work. I'm sure he'll figure it out though.

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #6  
I see. Have him bring the manual to work, and I'm guessing you could give him some good instruction just from your experience. :)
He may just have some hang-up understanding the terminology used, if he is new to the mechanics of his new tractor and mower.

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #7  
He can pull up the operational video for the 2000 series tractor on the John Deere website. I think it shows how to attach a belly mower to the 2305. It is around a 9 minute video.

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #8  
It's pretty easy. The first time or two, you will want to follow the instruction that came with the belly mower.

Couple of tips I can give off the top of my head.

Do the removal/reinstall on flat ground with probably 5-6 feet of clearance on either side of the tractor for when you slide the deck under or pull it out.

When reconnecting the PTO connection between the underneath of the tractor and the mower deck, make sure the PTO selector handle (handle on the left when seated on the tractor) is all the way to the rear position. This will allow the PTO post on the tractor side to move freely making it easier to make the connection. Also make sure the collar is "cocked back" before attempting to connect the mower deck PTO bar to the tractor PTO post.

After going through this exercise a few times, it will be no big deal to drop the deck in about 2-3 mins if that and just a little bit longer to reconnect it.

Last edited:
   / Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #9  
When reconnecting the PTO connection between the underneath of the tractor and the mower deck, make sure the PTO selector handle (handle on the left when seated on the tractor) is all the way to the rear position. This will allow the PTO post on the tractor side to move freely making it easier to make the connection. Also make sure the collar is "cocked back" before attempting to connect the mower deck PTO bar to the tractor PTO post.

Thank you! That was all I needed to know. Bought my tractor used - 2009 model 400 hours on it. The 2305 came with FEL, back hoe attachment and mower. No manuals. Yes I bought one for the tractor but not for the attachments. I figured out how to put the mower on but laying on the ground, there is room to get one arm between mower and tractor. Impossible to use 2 hands. Thanks to your advice - the pto collar went on easily - when "cocked back".

/ Video of belly mower removal on 2305? #10  
Yea, hate "standing on my head" to connect the PTO. I really REALLY want to win the lottery so I can get a new "1 series" with autoconnect deck!!
(do you hear me, God?)