Blocking the clutch on a 4400

/ Blocking the clutch on a 4400 #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Hope one of you 4200, 4300 or 4400 owners with a gear transmission can help me here...

My old 790 had a tab (on the floor plate) I could clamp the clutch pedal to when the tractor sat for an extended period.
Haven't found anything like this on the 4400 (yet). Is there something similar, or am I going to need a block of wood (or something similar)?

Last edited:
   / Blocking the clutch on a 4400 #2  
There should be no need to block pedal down on 4400. It has a wet clutch where the 790 had a dry clutch. The dry clutches tended to absorb moisture and rust to the flywheel when not used for extended periods. For that reason deere did not provide a way to hold pedal down on 4000 series.

/ Blocking the clutch on a 4400
There should be no need to block pedal down on 4400. It has a wet clutch where the 790 had a dry clutch. The dry clutches tended to absorb moisture and rust to the flywheel when not used for extended periods. For that reason deere did not provide a way to hold pedal down on 4000 series.

Good point!
I'd forgotten about this being a wet clutch.