Mowing Mo-Deck Spray

/ Mo-Deck Spray #1  

Acolar

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro, Cab
Gents;

I heard of this product called Mo-Deck (found it at my local Tractor Supply Store) and used it on my JD 72" MMM deck and my Exmark Laser XS deck. It appears to significantly reduce the collection of grass to the deck surfaces and blades. Makes clean up of what does accumulate on the deck surface so easy to remove. Don't have to spend long periods of time with wire wheel removing build up on blades so they can be balanced when sharpening. Its a time saver for me, I'll keep using it

Tony

/ Mo-Deck Spray #2  
I have used this product for awhile and I concur it is a fine product. It also will act like a penetrating fluid to help loosen the tough build up that normally requires a wire brush. Just spray it on the build up, let it soak awhile and clean away. It really shows its value on a mulching deck.

/ Mo-Deck Spray #3  
GLad it worked for you, It was IMO a big waste of money and a few hours of my life I will never get back. I did exactly as the can suggested and then repeated. Lo and behold just as much stuff caked to the deck as always. We mow 5 acres and nothing works except elbow grease and a pressure washer after everything cools down.

/ Mo-Deck Spray #4  
GLad it worked for you, It was IMO a big waste of money and a few hours of my life I will never get back. I did exactly as the can suggested and then repeated. Lo and behold just as much stuff caked to the deck as always. We mow 5 acres and nothing works except elbow grease and a pressure washer after everything cools down.

Well... what can you expect when it's a "hot" day and it's 55 degrees F?? :D (I don't know what that is in C..)

You might need to haul the tractor and deck into the garage and set the thermostat up to 72 degrees!!

AKfish

/ Mo-Deck Spray #5  
For what its worth, my local commercial mower store sells the product. The guy at the counter states it only works when there is paint on the underside of the deck. Once you're down to metal it doesn't really work. I don't use it that often to confirm whether this is true.

/ Mo-Deck Spray #6  
   / Mo-Deck Spray #7  
I use this spray on my 20 year old Toro Recycler mulching mower which is bare and pitted aluminum underneath the deck. The difference is night and day. I would say there is a 75% reduction in grass sticking underneath which leads to better mulching and cleaner looking cut. What grass does stick is very easily removed.

Jeff

/ Mo-Deck Spray
I can only relate my experience which was positive. I was skeptical at first but it works for me on both the Exmark and Deere 72"MMM.

As PIF indicated any grass which does collect on the deck comes off with ease.

I have fluid film also and will try it too.

/ Mo-Deck Spray #9  
For what it's worth, these guys are the "original" makers of SlipPlate graphite film that was supplied as OEM to Deere and Company:
SLIP Plate®

They used to market the product simply as "SlipPlate" but since they now have numerous other products their mower film is called "MowerGUARD":
MowerGUARD®

I've had better luck with their product than with Mo-Deck .....

/ Mo-Deck Spray #10  
I know how well Fluid Film works. It stops corrosion on contact as well. Nothing better on the market. They're raffling off a hedge trimmer for free right now on their fan site at fluidfilmworld.com