Tractor
    JD 3520 eHydro, Cab

Default Mo-Deck Spray

Gents;

I heard of this product called Mo-Deck (found it at my local Tractor Supply Store) and used it on my JD 72" MMM deck and my Exmark Laser XS deck. It appears to significantly reduce the collection of grass to the deck surfaces and blades. Makes clean up of what does accumulate on the deck surface so easy to remove. Don't have to spend long periods of time with wire wheel removing build up on blades so they can be balanced when sharpening. Its a time saver for me, I'll keep using it

Tony
    JD 3520 w/CAB, 300 CX FEL, 73" Material Bucket, 72D MMM, FEL Pallet Forks, # 366 Front Blade w/extensions, iMatch, Ballast Box

Tractor
    John Deere 4110 HST

Default Re: Mo-Deck Spray

I have used this product for awhile and I concur it is a fine product. It also will act like a penetrating fluid to help loosen the tough build up that normally requires a wire brush. Just spray it on the build up, let it soak awhile and clean away. It really shows its value on a mulching deck.
    '03 JD 4110 HST, 410 Loader, 60" MMM, 60" Back Blade, 3pt Post Auger

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Still Deciding

GLad it worked for you, It was IMO a big waste of money and a few hours of my life I will never get back. I did exactly as the can suggested and then repeated. Lo and behold just as much stuff caked to the deck as always. We mow 5 acres and nothing works except elbow grease and a pressure washer after everything cools down.
    John

Deere 2320 with FEL & 53" bucket 62D MMM 647 Tiller Frontier BB2060, SP1060 pulverizer, Pallet forks and middle buster, Land Pride RB1572 rear blade, Allied 50 3pt blower, 62 Gal 3pt PTO sprayer with foam markers, Cosmo 3pt Chipper, KK 5 1/2' double disks

Gator TH 6x4 Gasser
    JD 216H tiller and mower
    2003 JD LT180 48 Edge deck
    WHite GT 1822 with 42" tiller
    White GT1650 with tiller and deck
    Jacobsen 1450 with deck blower and tiller
    Honda Big Red three wheel
    lots of Stihl stuff

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by saskman49 View Post
    GLad it worked for you, It was IMO a big waste of money and a few hours of my life I will never get back. I did exactly as the can suggested and then repeated. Lo and behold just as much stuff caked to the deck as always. We mow 5 acres and nothing works except elbow grease and a pressure washer after everything cools down.
    Well... what can you expect when it's a "hot" day and it's 55 degrees F?? (I don't know what that is in C..)

You might need to haul the tractor and deck into the garage and set the thermostat up to 72 degrees!!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Bronze Member

For what its worth, my local commercial mower store sells the product. The guy at the counter states it only works when there is paint on the underside of the deck. Once you're down to metal it doesn't really work. I don't use it that often to confirm whether this is true.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    318 John Deere, 4200 John Deere, 1947 John Deere "M"

Anyone try this?

EZ-Slide Alkyd Based Graphite Lubricating Paint

or this?

Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

I've been wanting to, but the thought of spending precious Summer Saturday wire-brushing, preparing and painting the underside of a mower deck and SnowBlower for that matter, just hasn't floated to the top of my "Want to do" list!

Tractor
    John Deere 4110 HST

I use this spray on my 20 year old Toro Recycler mulching mower which is bare and pitted aluminum underneath the deck. The difference is night and day. I would say there is a 75% reduction in grass sticking underneath which leads to better mulching and cleaner looking cut. What grass does stick is very easily removed.

Jeff
    '03 JD 4110 HST, 410 Loader, 60" MMM, 60" Back Blade, 3pt Post Auger

Tractor
    JD 3520 eHydro, Cab

I can only relate my experience which was positive. I was skeptical at first but it works for me on both the Exmark and Deere 72"MMM.

As PIF indicated any grass which does collect on the deck comes off with ease.

I have fluid film also and will try it too.
    JD 3520 w/CAB, 300 CX FEL, 73" Material Bucket, 72D MMM, FEL Pallet Forks, # 366 Front Blade w/extensions, iMatch, Ballast Box

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Deere 345

For what it's worth, these guys are the "original" makers of SlipPlate graphite film that was supplied as OEM to Deere and Company:
    SLIP PlateŽ

They used to market the product simply as "SlipPlate" but since they now have numerous other products their mower film is called "MowerGUARD":
    MowerGUARDŽ

I've had better luck with their product than with Mo-Deck .....

I know how well Fluid Film works. It stops corrosion on contact as well. Nothing better on the market. They're raffling off a hedge trimmer for free right now on their fan site at fluidfilmworld.com