3720 round bale spear on loader

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader
Peel and feed - man, that would get old.

Her horse, her idea. Rounds will store decent outside with minimal loss until we can get some storage figured out.

The bale spear is approved for use on the 300cx loader. As the other's have mentioned have plenty of rear ballast and go slow. You shouldn't have any issues unless the bale is real wet.

Matt

Not sure where I read it, but I swore I read no round bales. Good to know. Just hoping to hear from someone who's done it. I've nudged the psi up 10% and have lifted some VERY heavy stuff. My front tires can attest to that.

Go to your buddies place and try moving some bales, I know him and bet he will let you use his spear to move some bales, may even put you to work feeding bales if everything works well.

You'd like that wouldn't you ;-) I just need to find the time. Maybe Sunday. If it stays dry enough I'll go hog the trails and try to plant some beans for the deer. Then again might go fishing-----buddy...

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #12  
I know that the 300cx can lift around 1500 pounds so if you stay in that limit and have ballast on the back, you should be okay. Worst case, you can put one on the 3 point as it can lift 2500 pounds.

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader
Follow up:

Got my bale spear and went to the neighbors to test. His bales are just off of a pasture and on the edge of a field so we had to go in through the pasture. There was not a lot of room to maneuver, but I don't see a need. He has 4' x 5' bales of alfalfa. It picked up with ease at idle. I had the MX5 on teh back and set it on the ground without any major effect so I should be good. Just no side hilling etc with a bale up high.

Seeing how well this worked I'll have my bales done as 4x5 rather than the 4x4 that I had intended.