3720 round bale spear on loader

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
I think that I read somewhere not to do it, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any success? We had a change in circumstance here and she has her horse home. I'm not wanting to mess with small squares and planning to have round bales done. Thinking a 4x4 bale should be plenty light enough to handle, but I haven't had a chance to try. I have a friend with a 4720 who says I should have no problem as his just idles right up. I too think I'll be fine except for off camber stuff etc. One of those not recommended, but if you play it safe and use your ead you should be all right deals. I've had some VERY heavy skids of stone on the forks before without incident as well as some very heavy buckets full of dirt so I know how the machine handles when loaded down.

I also have upgraded large tires and filled with Rim guard plus I carry my T6 Harley Rake as ballast.

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #2  
I think that I read somewhere not to do it, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any success? We had a change in circumstance here and she has her horse home. I'm not wanting to mess with small squares and planning to have round bales done. Thinking a 4x4 bale should be plenty light enough to handle, but I haven't had a chance to try. I have a friend with a 4720 who says I should have no problem as his just idles right up. I too think I'll be fine except for off camber stuff etc. One of those not recommended, but if you play it safe and use your ead you should be all right deals. I've had some VERY heavy skids of stone on the forks before without incident as well as some very heavy buckets full of dirt so I know how the machine handles when loaded down.

I also have upgraded large tires and filled with Rim guard plus I carry my T6 Harley Rake as ballast.

If you plan on just moving some bales around - you should be fine as long as the machine has the right ballast. I am not sure I would want to try double stacking bales on a trailer or anything with that size tractor.

D.

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #3  
John,
You need to keep the rear balast close to the tractor and low, as I am sure you know. I would invest in a ballast box full of protland cement to help center the weight on the rear. I think you will be able to do it, but it will not be fun. A set of 6" wheel spacers would be helful for the rears to keep it more stable.

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #4  
Hay spear on the rear and always have a bale on the back when you have one on the loader. That is what I do with my 4520.

D.

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #5  
As you stated, just play it safe and use your head. You have loaded tires and rear ballast. Check. Remove your bucket and use a dedicated bale spear. Transport bales low. Drive slow.

Next lets talk horses. Before you move a round bale into the horse paddock, think horse safety first and remove the horse(s). Remove horses, deliver bale, get out, then bring the horses back. This will guarantee you accident free happy horses. ;)

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #6  
Can you have large square made? We make 30" x 32" squares that can be made about 4" long. Easier to handl and easier to feed than a round bale with less waste.

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader
Might consider large squares eventually, but for now we'll be storing outside and teh rounds should hold up well to this. Plan is to peel and feed rather than dump and run unless something changes.

Buddy says that his 4720 will pick his 4x4 rounds at idle with no ballast on rear although he does not make a habit of doing this.

Spear that I have coming is convertible so it will do squares too.

Now we just need to dry out a little...

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #8  
Might consider large squares eventually, but for now we'll be storing outside and teh rounds should hold up well to this. Plan is to peel and feed rather than dump and run unless something changes.

Buddy says that his 4720 will pick his 4x4 rounds at idle with no ballast on rear although he does not make a habit of doing this.

Spear that I have coming is convertible so it will do squares too.

Now we just need to dry out a little...

Peel and feed - man, that would get old.

4720 will do it - just gotta be careful.

D.

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #9  
The bale spear is approved for use on the 300cx loader. As the other's have mentioned have plenty of rear ballast and go slow. You shouldn't have any issues unless the bale is real wet.

Matt

/ 3720 round bale spear on loader #10  
Go to your buddies place and try moving some bales, I know him and bet he will let you use his spear to move some bales, may even put you to work feeding bales if everything works well.